Scientific Experiment V2 #5 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes he's still the MON
    • No - we need something new

Stealing an idea from the long lost and dearly lamented IainG (even if he couldn't spell his own name)

Quick one, no discussion needed. Based on current feelings only, should he stay or go?

Will repeat the poll on a weekly [edit]MONTHLY[/edit] basis until we get bored or he is replaced.

Has it really been a month? Previous results here

And since then we've had:

DDDLWD

Poll open for 7 days.

3 haters out of 7! Jeez Risso, sting and Fran are quick off the mark.

As a point of record 'CrackpotForeigner' i don't hate O'Neill. Indeed i find him entertaining with his funny manerisms before and after match interviews. I have however questioned many of his signings, which some have worked and others, well, have disappointingly failed miserably. You can probably say that of most managers, even the great Fergie and Wenger!

I do however dislike the way O'Neill sets out our team to play and in my humble opinion, he doesn't make the best of who he has signed for one reason or another. When he finds a winning formular, he changes the team the following week and quite evidently has his 'favourites,' born out with his treatment of Reo-Coker!

I also believe that with a more progressive thinking manager, we would have a better squad of players with more guile and technical ability with the amount of money O'Neill has been furnished with and just maybe, we might have been better in Cup and European matches as a consequence? Gained more success maybe?

Nevertheless, it is more than fair to say that we have improved since O'Neill has become our manager, but then again, that would be the very least we would expect with the money spent!

I just feel that O'Neill's system of play belongs more to the coaching book of the 1980-90s rather than being reflective of today's style of football. Thats why i believe O'Neill has taken us as far as he can and we do need a new manager who will instill a different type of system of play into our squad. I would like to see us playing a more diamond formation with the quality players to play that way. This would leave us less open through the middle and i dont think our wingers are good enough to carry a consistant threat, just as i don't think our central midfield partnership are good enough at the moment to allow us to play two out and out wingers!

Only my humble opinion of course and as always, there will be many who will disagree with me. I just want the best for our club and although we are indeed in very safe hands with O'Neill, i think we could at, the very least, see more entertaining football coming from our team, with the same, or indeed, even more success!

The Mods must surely have the ability to find out the identity of each and every person who has said no and forcing them to say what manager they would like to see in MON's place. I'd say Roberto Martínez by the way.

I think the only mistake MON has made this season is not strengthening the centre mid.

Hes improved the back four a lot, has brought in Downing and has Gabby going from strength to strength up front.

Im behind MON 100% and if he brings in a couple of midfielders next year things will be looking good.

pointless thread people are always going to have their opinions on the manager...however, it is the board who decide..if they are unhappy then the manager goes, if not he stays.

Yes. In fact all the threads are pointless by that logic. Close the site

The Mods must surely have the ability to find out the identity of each and every person who has said no and forcing them to say what manager they would like to see in MON's place. I'd say Roberto Martínez by the way.

6-1 down at Spurs, quick get him in, tactical genius :crylaugh:

The forward thinking Martinez has come up with with this amazing defending scheme that doesn't even require defenders to move, keeps them fresh throughout the season. I'm sure under him we wouldn't have totally shit results like 1-1 away vs. Burnley playing the worst football on the planet ever.

Thank you fans! :notworthy:

Â