PL: Burnley a Match Thread 2009/11/21 15:00

limpid

:lol: petrov is clearly to blame for everyone playing poorly.

Notice how everyone play well without him in the team, he comes back in and everyone's shit again going forward.

He does **** all. The amount of times I've seen midfielders run past him today is unbelievable, I haven't even seen him get on the ball, which is what he's supposed to do. Central midfield is one of the most important positions on the pitch and of course it affects the players around him.

Yes, it's clearly all Petrovs fault. Had that been NRC on the field, Friedel wouldn't have been beaten to the ball. :lol:

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems to be be the same thing over and over. We can have a one of blinder and bang 5 goals in then next game we cant get a shot on target. We seem to get in a good position near the penalty area or in it, and then all they need to do is use a bit of muscle have a bit of confidence and aim between the two white sticks.........but no we pass out wide ash crosses it in to nobody and we repeat again. Or we get completely dominated in the centre, i couldnt really imagine Gerrard or Lampard getting walked through like that. Utter shit. And we wont win this...you can quote me on that. A chance to make some real improvement in the table and we are about to **** it up again.

Do you actually think that?

I don't believe that is true.

Why do you think we are playing poorly, and have done in the past four away games? Why do you think we still can't keep a clean sheet (1 clean sheet in 12 away games now) despite spending so much money on defenders two seasons running.

Why do you think we are incapable of looking like we can get even a point against the likes of Burnley, Wigan and Blackburn? They aren't exactly football powerhouses.

All valid questions...

Probably the same reason we can have a decent defensive record, find ourselves in 5th place and beat teams like chelsea and liverpool, it is because like every other team in the prem we aren't consistently great.

What's the betting O'Neil makes no changes to the team at half time, no tactical change or subs whatsoever. At best he'll make a change with about 15 mins to go when the mighty Burnley have shut up shop and stuck eleven players behind the ball.

It must be a nightmare to be a bench warmer for our lot, knowing the gaffer will do **** all other than play the same tired non working format week in week out.

this is exactly what will happen

and yes it must be

Petrov has been poor certainly.. much rather see Reo Coker keep his place there..

Saying that, Burnley look a very well organised team. It's no wonder they are so strong at home, every time we start an attack they seem to have an extra man back.. very well organised and it's going to take something special for us to break them down. Which, at the moment, we don't look like doing.

Notice how everyone play well without him in the team, he comes back in and everyone's shit again going forward.

He does **** all. The amount of times I've seen midfielders run past him today is unbelievable, I haven't even seen him get on the ball, which is what he's supposed to do. Central midfield is one of the most important positions on the pitch and of course it affects the players around him.

Yes, it's clearly all Petrovs fault. Had that been NRC on the field, Friedel wouldn't have been beaten to the ball. :lol:

But we deserve to be behind because of how shit were playing, we conceded it in a matter that didn't really have anything to do with Petrov but had NRC been on the pitch we would of at least been able to win the mdifield battle and the situation might have never even occured. We're playing wank and that's because Petrov is **** shit in a 4-4-2. HE'S NEVER HAD SUCCESS IN A 4-4-2.

BARRY, DELPH, SIDWELL. Shit with all of them.

Coker would win every tackle and somehow that would make carew, gabby, young and milner play superb. Don't you know how football works?

But we might not have looked so crap had NRC been on, we would have done a better job in the midfield. I hardly seen anyone suggesting its Petrov's fault. It's MONs fault.

Petrov and NRC will be shit n'all, we play a game that gets the ball into strikers FFS. That means you need someone getting close to them to win those second balls, that's a keay feature of our win against Bolton, the fact Sidwell and Reo-Coker won a little of 2nd balls in midfield meaning we could keep constant pressure on the Bolton backline and create chances.

adding Reo-Coker for Sidwell will make no difference to our midfield. Petrov is the weak link as he does nothing.