General Chat

Stevo985

Nandos extra extra hot sauce ain't all it's cracked up to be. Drowned my chips in it and walked away pain free. The pee/poo weren't too bad either.

Nothing compares to the pain of Vindaloo so far in my quest to find the ultimate spice.

Calling Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer here asking for Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nandos extra extra hot sauce ain't all it's cracked up to be. Drowned my chips in it and walked away pain free. The pee/poo weren't too bad either.

Nothing compares to the pain of Vindaloo so far in my quest to find the ultimate spice.

a) Vindaloo isn't a spice

B) nor does it have to be hot but it often is in this country

c) Even in "english classifications" of curry strengths there are much hotter curries, try a phal, even though its a kinda made up English suicide curry, it is outrageously hot

Problem with here is we've **** all proper Indian restaurants, so Vindaloo is usually the hottest you can go unless you go out of your way to find a proper Indian.

Saying that I had a Vindaloo in Dublin and it made me feel wick. Finished it though, like the **** trooper I am.

Oh and i know Vindaloo ain't a spice i was using 'spice' in another context :P

Calling Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer here asking for Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaa :-)

Get some of these in yer cupboard:

today_002e32.JPG

They're cheap, they never go off, and you can add 'em to anything

c) Even in "english classifications" of curry strengths there are much hotter curries, try a phal, even though its a kinda made up English suicide curry, it is outrageously hot

An ex of mine used to eat phals. I remember being sat across from her and having my eyes water from it. I've no idea how she managed it. To make matters worse she also was, in every other way, very girly girl.

Never tried it myself but based on eyes water without even being the one eating it, a phal is the hottest I've encountered.

Saw this random Kashmiri curry paste in the grocery store yesterday and thought I'd give it a go and whip up a chicken biryani for dinner. The label said "Medium hot" so I used a little more than I normally would. really bad person! It was painful to eat, so much so that the wife wouldn't touch it after a tiny helping and went off to eat leftover pasta from Saturday. Of course I had to play it cool and despite the agony my mouth was in chomp away at the damned inferno, I surprisingly haven't passed it yet but I've a feeling it's not going to be pretty and I have a football match in a couple of hours. On the bright side I may be eating

so at least I'll now be a little better prepared.

Problem with here is we've **** all proper Indian restaurants, so Vindaloo is usually the hottest you can go unless you go out of your way to find a proper Indian.

Saying that I had a Vindaloo in Dublin and it made me feel wick. Finished it though, like the **** trooper I am.

You'll probably find that if you ask the waiter (assuming he is Indian/Bangladeshi) he will usually be able to get the chef to give you something hotter than what is on the menu.

In my local I asked for an extra hot vindaloo and they offered me a 'pal' (not a phal). It was a lot hotter than a vindaloo though the flavour was a bit rank. It was as if they just drowned a vindaloo in something that tasted like tabasco sauce :puke:

I'll stick to extra hot vindaloos in future. Much tastier.

A funny thing happened at work today, my mate was telling me how he walked into the gents bogs and was chatting to one of the drivers already in there, great big fat sweaty bloke he is, nice bloke, but annoyingly slow at the best of times.

Anyway he finishes having a pee, then washing his hands and still chatting to this guy he notices he's squeezing loads of barrier cream from the dispenser above the basins into the palm of his hands. Nothing too unusual about that, but it's the shit industrial stuff you find in workshops and factories etc, you're only meant to use a small spot and just rub it into your hands.

Fat bloke then walks into the shower room to their right, leaving the door open whilst he's still chatting to my mate, proceeds to drop his trousers and pants and starts rubbing all this cream into his ring piece!

My mate's like "What the **** are you doing dude?" :shock:

Fat bloke says dead seriously "Oh it's ok to use this, it's got E45 in it so it's good for your skin.

:lol:

Villadude, that's amazing!

On the subject of hot food, a mate of mine was in the University air squadron in Leeds. As part of their initiation or whatever they had to go to a curry house in York and eat a Phal. Apparnetly it was ridiculously hot, they had to ring up and order them the day before so they could be prepared.

Anyway, before he went my mate said his tactic was going to be to just shovel it down his throat and finish it before he could think about the pain.

It didn't work. he finished it but it took him an hour and 40 minutes.

O, and the UAS record is allegedly 45 seconds.

Careful with dares and initiations

An aspiring cook who challenged his friend to a chilli-eating contest died just hours later.

Andrew Lee, 33, had used a bag of home-grown red chillies to make a super-hot sauce.

The forklift truck driver, who had recently passed a medical at work, dared his girlfriend's brother to eat a spoonful - then ate a plateful himself. Shortly after he had a heart attack and died.

Andrew Lee

Andrew Lee made an ultra-hot sauce with homegrown chillis. The morning after he was found unconscious and paramedics were unable to revive him

Mr Lee took a jar of the sauce to his girlfriend's house last weekend, where he challenged her brother Michael, his family said.

His sister, Claire Chadbourne, 29, explained: 'They had a contest over who could make the hottest chilli sauce.

'Andrew had used chillies to make Thai dishes before but had never made anything this hot.

'My dad grew the chillies especially for Andrew. The contest was planned and he gave them to him.

'Andrew just ate it with a plate of Dolmio. It was not a proper meal because he had already eaten lamb chops and mash after coming home from work. I don't know if Michael ate the chilli sauce as well.'

But as he went to bed after the contest, Mr Lee, of Edlington, Doncaster, had complained of itching, she added.

The next morning, his girlfriend Samantha Bailey, a mother of four, found him unconscious.

She called an ambulance, but paramedics were unable to revive him. Mr Lee was pronounced dead at the scene.

Mrs Chadbourne added: 'He apparently got into bed at 2.30am and started scratching all over.

'His girlfriend scratched his back until he fell asleep. She woke up and he was dead.

'Who would have thought he could have died from eating chilli sauce? We don't know of anything else that could have caused his death.

'He was perfectly healthy and the post-mortem showed no heart problems.'

She added: 'He loved cooking for his friends and was a good cook. He always said he wanted to be a chef but didn't want to start at the bottom.

'He would do anything for anybody. He never held a grudge and loved fishing and computers.'

Mr Lee's mother, Pamela, 61, said: 'He had used chillies in cooking but never made a sauce like this before.

1'He tested the sauce after making it, stuck his finger in and went to wash it, saying, "Wow, that's hot."

'We don't know what happened to him. Something has given him a cardiac arrest and we can only put it down to the chilli sauce.'

Toxicology tests are under way to see whether Mr Lee had a fatal reaction to the sauce.

Attempts to develop ever hotter varieties of chilli pepper have been condemned by health experts, who warn of potentially lethal effects.

Mild adverse reactions can include burning eyes, a streaming nose and uncontrollable hiccups.

Read more

Â