General Chat

Stevo985

Bangkok's full name is:

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

Which translates, bizzarely, to:

The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarma

Right, I'm starting a campaign to have the name "England" changed to: "This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands, This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England".

We should have done it in 1911.

Bangkok's full name is:

Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

Which translates, bizzarely, to:

The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarma

Right, I'm starting a campaign to have the name "England" changed to: "This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands, This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England".

We should have done it in 1911.

:clap::crylaugh::clap:

One of my useless claims to fame is I can pronounce that Welsh train station/village and have been able since I was about 9 when I began an obsession for really long words.
At about the same age, my mate at school taught me how to pronounce Llanfair PG in its entirety, and I also considered it a claim to fame.

I later realised he'd simply taught it to me phonetically, not the authentic Welsh pronunciation. :angry:

reminds me of when i taught my mate "Thank You " in Hungarian ..only of course I taught him "F**k you " instead ... as we left the bar after a session he waved at the bar girls and in his best Hungarian told them all to Fornicate with themselves

he's known me for 30 years , you'd think he'd have known better

Making pranks like that is a prerogative reserved only for Chinese people :)

So walk out of my flat on Sauchiehall street and what do I see standing a few mere feet away away from me...Hope f'ing Solo...I need to go put on a new pair of pants now.
tumblr_lfcikvUcSb1qbvc38o1_500.png

So walk out of my flat on Sauchiehall street and what do I see standing a few mere feet away away from me...Hope f'ing Solo...I need to go put on a new pair of pants now.
tumblr_lfcikvUcSb1qbvc38o1_500.png

Haha that was pretty much my reaction...and it was merely 5 minutes after I was telling my flatmates that we should go sit outside of the Hilton and wait for her to come out, and then I pop out of my flat to grabsome dinner and BOOM! Oh the irony...

I'm looking for a couple of rooms in East London from September, can someone link me to some half decent websites/agents they've had success with previously? Not had much luck so far.

Cheers in advance.

Sure is. I've only had three girlfriends my entire life and this is the reason why. My first love was Sue Backer but she left me for another. Then a few years later I dated a girl named Abbi Wankanabe but she moved back to Japan, and then just last year I broke up with my ex Nien Nunb.

A little, but that wasn't the main problem. It was when I got stuck in her vagina and she kept screaming, "It's a trap!" that was the most awkward part.

Also, I knew you wouldn't let me down if Star Wars puns were somehow involved.

Â