General Chat

Stevo985

Estate agents are the worst, eg, £150k house sale, 1.5% fee = £2,250 + VAT = £2,700 :shock:

Silly money for what? They don't have any legal tie ins at all, they slap a few photo's on the internet and get paid a fortune for it.

Yup, I fully agree.

You're literally paying x-thousand pounds for a poster in the window and photo on rightmove. It's absolute robbery.

That said, I think the solicitors are just as bad. All the 'searches' they conduct are simply achieved by typing a post code into a database. The contracts, in the main, simply involve them populating a couple of details into pro-forma templates and they manage to stretch all this out over 8-12 weeks.

There really is **** all to buying a house, but it's made unnecessarily complicated.

Agree on the estate agents doing not very much point of view.

Was the same when my parents tried to sell their house. The estate agent put it on their website and literally didn't do anything. I kept telling my rents to kick them up the arse but they didn't.

Finally they rang them and said "if there's no offers in the next 2 weeks, we're listing it with Dixons instead"

Lo and behold, a full page spread in a paper the following day and a load of offers.

None of the offers were good enough, but that's beside the point. They were clearly trying to get away with doing nothing and just hoping someone would stumble across it and buy it.

And th eother thing is, they're not even on your side, and you're the ones paying them if you're selling. They push sellers to accept lower offers just so they get a sale

Yeah these Agent's.........haha

We earn our money!.....Although I don't deal in houses.

It can also be frustrating being an agent. I sell corporate businesses. This week a Vendor has pissed me off no end!!!!

They instructed us to find a buyer 2 months ago due to the fact that the wished to retire ASAP. I found them a buyer and they accepted an offer of over 10% of the figure they wished to achieve.

They accepted the offer on Monday. Then called me this morning to say that things were moving too fast (not even had the Heads of Terms yet) and they wish to wait for a couple of months to see if others come forward.

They want me to keep the offer 'warm' for a couple of months and then if they haven't had any more interest they will move things along. Try explaining that to a buyer!!!!!!!!

To get a buyer within 2 months is VERY good going in this market for a value higher than what they wanted. Bastards!

Well, after deleting my Facebook profile I thought I'd give twitter I go.

It's shit. I just don't get it, if anything there is actually less communication between people on there.

I think I'm done with the whole 'social networking' bollocks. You want to speak to me then come find me or ask me for my phone number.

It's shit. I just don't get it, if anything there is actually less communication between people on there.

I think I'm done with the whole 'social networking' bollocks. You want to speak to me then come find me or ask me for my phone number.

Phones? Pah! They'll never catch on. Stick to carrier pigeons, smoke signals and talking drums.

Twitter isnt really like Facebook though. The point of Twitter is that it is a "one to many" system, and while you will probably use it as an alternative to texting mates and internet friends to begin with it eventually becomes a way of tuning into certain aspects of news and pop culture.

You really need to give it a couple of months before you can make a call as you need to build up a solid network of people to follow. Once you get that then it really comes into its own. News travels more quickly on Twitter than anything else too, the Bin Laden story was all over Twitter hours before it got picked up by the TV and traditional websites. You have to apply your own personal bullshit filter of course, but if you come into it with the right frame of mind then it is one of the very best things on the internet. That or you could use it as a dick measuring device and see how many followers you can collect. @Nayson if you were wondering. ;)

I actually think twitter is pretty decent

I dont have a clue how to use it and have never actually twittered any one and wouldnt know how to but the text alerts are great on it

I get text updates from

the villa

sun boxing

box nation

drive by truckers

really good as it will give you updates on the box nation schedule, villa transfer rumours and news, boxing news and interviews and finally updates on the DBT's tour dates releases interviews etc etc

its good for that side of things but as for using it to put things like ''I'm going for a shit now'' I really do not get that side of things, and I couldnt give a **** what stephen fry/russel brand/jonathon woss have to say

I know nothing about Kalms. If you take them and think they help then you might start relying on them. Better to find a natural way.

Kalms is a natural herbal remedy.

it also helps with menopause symtoms :winkold:

If you can't sleep try Night Nurse, good few slugs of it & you'll be away with the fairies

Â