General Chat

Stevo985

Quite like going out for Coffee just for the sake of "going out for coffee". Our local coffee shop in Chepstow has a really nice atmosphere and isnt one of those annoying worldwide franchises.

There the best sort mate, when we went to Wales the other week, i went for a walk to get the Sunday papers and thought id stop off for a nice coffee in this little cafe and flick through the papers...so relaxing, no hussle and bussle just peace and quiet.

Quite like going out for Coffee just for the sake of "going out for coffee". Our local coffee shop in Chepstow has a really nice atmosphere and isnt one of those annoying worldwide franchises.

There the best sort mate, when we went to Wales the other week, i went for a walk to get the Sunday papers and thought id stop off for a nice coffee in this little cafe and flick through the papers...so relaxing, no hussle and bussle just peace and quiet.

Yup, you get a few about in Wales like that. Though Cardiff is still the Mecca of franchise.

I've got to the sad sad point in life where I know which services along the M5 / M4 / M25 / M2 / M20 are capable of serving a decent franchise coffee.

Winner for me is Costa at Newbury.

I need some new interests.

It's all about the Costa Coffee at Strensham (so says my mrs who insists on stopping there for Hot Chocolate en route to every damn Villa game).

Yes, Strensham is a good shout.

Especially when the Portugese crew are on.

I love doing the old expenses receipts at the end of the week and seeing I'm claiming £30 for coffee. Perhaps I should buy a flask!

I like a good coffee, no doubt. It's just paying $6 (3quid) for a cup when I can do the same thing for 10 cents at home that bothers me.

I've got to the sad sad point in life where I know which services along the M5 / M4 / M25 / M2 / M20 are capable of serving a decent franchise coffee.

Winner for me is Costa at Newbury.

I need some new interests.

Leigh Dellamere - westbound at the garage. Mostly because the girl in there is lovely but she does make a grand coffee too.

I've always seen service stations as somewhere you stop if you absolutely HAVE to, like if you're desperate for a piss, or your car needs fuel in the middle of a journey.

I don't think I've ever stopped at one out of choice, and certainly never regular enough to know which ones are best

It's like a social drink of beer. Cheaper to get a crate in, but sometimes it's all about going down to the battle cruiser and having a nice evening out.

I've always seen service stations as somewhere you stop if you absolutely HAVE to, like if you're desperate for a piss, or your car needs fuel in the middle of a journey.

I don't think I've ever stopped at one out of choice, and certainly never regular enough to know which ones are best

420 mile round trip with a start at 5:00a.m. and the line between choice and necessity blurs.

Clackett Lane Services, M25 always got a bargain bin full of bizarre cd's. This week, £2.99 for Northern Soul Floorshakers!

Brum to inverness and back in a day.

Brum to Aberdeen and back in a day.

Brum to Plymouth and back in a day then Inverness and back the next day.

No stopping on journeys, just at destination (other than fuel to Inverness)

And even those arent exactly bad. Done them loads over the last 4 years or so.

420 mile round trip with a start at 5:00a.m. and the line between choice and necessity blurs.

Clackett Lane Services, M25 always got a bargain bin full of bizarre cd's. This week, £2.99 for Northern Soul Floorshakers!

Yeh I might have to stop on that trip to be fair. but it would still be out of necessity for me.

I've never understood people (not you, just some people) who just say "let's stop for a coffee" in the middle of a journey.

**** that, let's keep going! We could have travelled 25-30 miles in the 20 minutes we'd been stopped for coffee!

**** that, let's keep going! We could have travelled 25-30 miles in the 20 minutes we'd been stopped for coffee!

Yeah, agree with this. The other thing that comes into my head also when I'm contemplating stopping is if I later hit a traffic jam or there is an accident/road closure I'll always wonder if I'd have avoided it by keeping going...

Yeah, agree with this. The other thing that comes into my head also when I'm contemplating stopping is if I later hit a traffic jam or there is an accident/road closure I'll always wonder if I'd have avoided it by keeping going...

That's always my argument but the gf always counters it by saying that there might be a traffic jam now that will be clear by the time you've stopped and had a break.

She drives me mad (no pun intended) when we're driving anywhere more than 50 miles as we always have to stop for a sit-down and something to eat. She's not even the one driving so I don't know why she needs a break! :evil:

My mum just sent me an email asking if I knew what a 'moneyshot' means? :|

My last girlfriends' mom asked us what "Jizz" was, in the middle of dinner.

The urge to reply with "Let me show you" was overwhelming, but I resisted.

My mother-in-law has asked me what spit roasting was and also what was meant by a pearl necklace... coming to think of it is there a hidden message in there? :suspect::D

:lol:

Shoulda done the Spiderman.

:lol: "As long as you do not do any image searches on google, it's when a bank account gets a regular injection of money i.e. a shot of money". For obvious reasons, this can also be called a 'happy ending'.

Â