General Chat

Stevo985

Just handed in my notice, im setting up my own company. Bloody scary but cant wait, this time next year.......

you'll be huddled up next to a fire under a canal bridge avec cardboard box?

:mrgreen:

Just handed in my notice, im setting up my own company. Bloody scary but cant wait, this time next year.......

I'd love to do this!

In fact I'd just love to move jobs. I'm tied into mine for another 2 years at least!

Good luck sir

Make sure you use the "power" of the net to advertise :-)

Best of luck Cheltenham.... A tough time to go it alone but some would say the best time as well... Get your name out there plenty whatever it is and you'll be good to go!

Cheers folks, have got a good plan and a bit of contingency in there as well. My aim is to set up my own IT consultancy, lots of competition i know. I have already agreed a contract with a well known bank where i will be developing an analysis database for them. This is my banker (so to speak), will bring in some decent regular money, alongside that i already have another customer that i will be doing some consultancy with around 4 or 5 days per week. Idea is to help them develop their existing business through IT systems. I have another customer that wants me to run a social media campaign for them (im fairly diverse) and my real money maker is that i have an idea for some software i will be developing. Im hoping to make enough money doing to other stuff to live and fund my development. At the moment i have too much work, the future may be different. Been a massive decision for me, especially with a young family but I wasnt happy in my job and they support that. It was a case of do this now or never.

Â