General Chat

Stevo985

Rugby is too rough, I played fly half for about 3 years till people started stamping on my head. Then I stopped.

I've had my neck stamped on. And my knee was studded, of which there is a big scar present today. All part of the game!

The worst pains I experienced playing Rugby was a broken finger, and another time, we were doing line out practice at school and to lift someone, you had to grab them by the front and back of the shorts and this one time, someone caught up some pubes while grabbing my shorts before lifting me.

Yeah that one HURT!

Yeh the most painful injury I've had was what i thought was a broken pinky finger. I tried to tackle and somehow my finger ended up getting bent backwards.

My aunt, being a nurse, told me it was broken so just leave it until the swelling went down. Anyway, when it went down I couldn't straighten it. Turns out I'd torn the muscle under the second knuckle and it had healed back with a bent finger, so essentially the muscle thinks the finger is straight, when it's not...if that makes sense.

Anyway, I still can't straighten that finger.

But yeh, that's my most painful injury *touches wood*. I felt like a right pussy moaning about my pinky finger!

Pussy!

To be honest, worst injury I had, I travelled to London for a game of football and first start after about 7 months out and a few sub appearances....3 minutes into the game, I got absolutely clattered and couldn't walk properly for a week. I'm guessing it was just badly bruised to the point it pained so much to walk, people at the time thought I'd broke my leg cause the noise of the pad, (basically pad cracked in half)....worse of all, my Dad had travelled all the way down there to watch...and then saw me not play. I was so desperate to carry on though, it didn't really hurt until the next day when I tried moving on it.

I was on the football team, cricket team and basketball team in high school. So naturally the P.E. teacher put me straight into the rugby team. Trained once as a winger, and when I first got the ball and sprinted for a try I got told that "your team has to pass the ball x number of times before scoring". I thought "well this is bollocks" and never played again. For the best, I'd probably get eaten alive on the field.

Rugby is too rough, I played fly half for about 3 years till people started stamping on my head. Then I stopped.

I've had my neck stamped on. And my knee was studded, of which there is a big scar present today. All part of the game!

The worst pains I experienced playing Rugby was a broken finger, and another time, we were doing line out practice at school and to lift someone, you had to grab them by the front and back of the shorts and this one time, someone caught up some pubes while grabbing my shorts before lifting me.

Yeah that one HURT!

Yeh the most painful injury I've had was what i thought was a broken pinky finger. I tried to tackle and somehow my finger ended up getting bent backwards.

My aunt, being a nurse, told me it was broken so just leave it until the swelling went down. Anyway, when it went down I couldn't straighten it. Turns out I'd torn the muscle under the second knuckle and it had healed back with a bent finger, so essentially the muscle thinks the finger is straight, when it's not...if that makes sense.

But yeh, that's my most painful injury *touches wood*. I felt like a right pussy moaning about my pinky finger!

Pussy!

To be honest, worst injury I had, I travelled to London for a game of football and first start after about 7 months out and a few sub appearances....3 minutes into the game, I got absolutely clattered and couldn't walk properly for a week. I'm guessing it was just badly bruised to the point it pained so much to walk, people at the time thought I'd broke my leg cause the noise of the pad, (basically pad cracked in half)....worse of all, my Dad had travelled all the way down there to watch...and then saw me not play. I was so desperate to carry on though, it didn't really hurt until the next day when I tried moving on it.

I fell on my leg once playing Rugby. it didn't hurt that much, but I must have landed really funny because the WHOLE (and I mean whole) of the bottom of my leg, below the knee, was bruised the day after. A proper dark green bruise.

As I said, didn't hurt too much, but looked horrendous.

I played Rugby for 10 years and other than the rare spinal fracture the injuries I was seeing football playing friends getting were much worse, a lot more severe leg fractures and ligament damage. However as Rugby has evolved over the last decade and the players have gotten far more finely tuned they seem to be getting a lot more of the common football injuries that were not the case when I was playing in the 90's like Achilles tears for example.

Yeah that one HURT!

Pussy!

I fell on my leg once playing Rugby. it didn't hurt that much, but I must have landed really funny because the WHOLE (and I mean whole) of the bottom of my leg, below the knee, was bruised the day after. A proper dark green bruise.

As I said, didn't hurt too much, but looked horrendous.

I've always found different games bring different pain reactions...like if you get stamped on it football, it really hurts and can feel it badly. Happens in rugby then it's sort of expected and you get on with it. Maybe it's just the 'shock thing'...like any injury, I remember slicing my knee open on glass (didn't know at the time), it didn't hurt, just itched....until i lifted my trouser leg up 5 mins later and then I could literally see the bone with blood streaming down my leg...and then after that, it's started to 'hurt'...but really, it's just panic and shock.

Adrenalin as well. I think the adrenalin in Rugby, especially in rucks and mauls, is much higher than in football, so you don't feel stamps and stuff as you would in football.

Also, in Rugby, it's probably less impact. Even when you get stamped on it's normally a rake. Rarely would you get properly kicked or actually stamped on.

Whereas in football when you get kicked, you literally get kicked. The impact is probably higher.

You can't beat kicking a CF, one of the joys of the game :)

Different subject, but I went boxing training a couple of times, it was by far the toughest training I'd ever done and I'd trained pretty hard as a footballer. 2 hours of solid training on the ropes, punchbags, pushups, situps etc.

I used to play cricket for barnt green and the worst injury I had was when i had to catch one of those massive high and far shots when i was in the outfield, slightly misjudged it and it landed right on the top of my little finger. It went all Luc Nilis-ey. Was excruciating, looked/felt/sounded disguting.

Just watching England Brazil 2002, I remember I had a tear when we lost then had to drive to school in morning (well be driven in, I was only 10, I couldn't drive)...Owen has just scored...what a moment.

I remembered crying after that match :D we deserved to win imo.

Got chided by my parents after that though, apparently it's sissy to cry because your team lost an important game. :lol:

Â