General Chat

Stevo985

Just wanted to feed back a great bit of customer service I received. Sunday, me and the OH decided to have a Curry, we ordered it from a place in Fazeley (nr Tamworth) where we usually get them from (about once every 3 weeks I'd say). When I got their at the time to pick it up the guy checked with the kitchen and then said it would be another 5 minutes, he offered me drink from the bar free whilst I waited :D. I had a cheeky bottle of Cobra to tie me over. Brilliant!

Is it strange that as a young adult (18 ) I actually appreciate classical music?

No, just as long as your not sat in your pants listening to Mars, The Bringer of War whilst loading a rifle and eyeing a nearby clock-tower with a sense of longing.

Oh no, not at all, I reserve such moments for Mercury, the messenger.

I mean sure its got a bad rep because killers always seem to listen to classical music whilst they don a pair of leather gloves and strangle someone to death, but surely a good bit of Mendelssohn or Vivaldi of even Rachmaninov relaxes a man of an evening.

I made myself sound about 40 there. No I do not have a flannel jacket with leather patches on the elbows, and no I do not sit at home with a glass of Chateauneuf du Pape and a pipe and slippers.

Hitz, that was awful! :lol: if I had done that we know what reply Gareth would have to the punderstudy's post :D

Classical music - yes, bigtime

Flannel jacket with leather patches on the elbows - no

Sit at home with a glass of Chateauneuf du Pape - yes

Pipe - no

Slippers - yes

Looks like I'm not quite, er, forty. :lol:

When I was 18 I sort of liked some classical stuff. Had a soft spot for Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique, in particular. But didn't really "get it" on a wide scale.

That came in my early 30s. Started off getting heavily into baroque (Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, Vivaldi, etc.), then moved forward through Mozart and into the romantic era.

Now absolutely love early 20th Century stuff in particular - from Vaughan Williams though Shostakovich to Bartok, Berg, Messaien, Part, etc.

I went to a performance of Shostokavich by the Birmingham Philharmonic a few months ago.

My uncle plays in the BPO, so that's a major reason of my love of classical music.

I think Mozart and Beethoven were utter genii, Moonlight Sonata is IMO one of the best pieces ever written, and I am proud to say I can play most of it on the piano :D

Chopin, Vaughan-Williams, bach all enjoy a bit of their music.

Moonlight Sonata is IMO one of the best pieces ever written

And it can open hidden-wall doors in Resident Evil. :detect:

:thumb: Many hours have been spent getting through those puzzles :lol:

It needs Jill's fingerwork though. Chris is a retard.

nothing will beat the jurassic park theme tune

There is a Classic Fm at the Movies CD set you can get and its quality. I bought it my OH a couple of Christmas's ago and she loved it. All the 'classics' (sorry) are on there, Superman, Indiana Jones. :thumb:

Â