General Chat

Stevo985

Cheers Julie, we've already armed ourselves with Calpol.

Someone else has recommended the teething granules, whats the crack with them? How do they work?

We used Bongela teething gel with our daughter, seemed to relieve the pain a lot. Also, like Julie said, frozen teething rings worked.

Someone else has recommended the teething granules, whats the crack with them? How do they work?

Apparently midwives used to recommend rubbing whisky on the gums but I never tried that!

Drugs & alcohol if in doubt! :D

The teething granules just get rubbed on gums as well IIRC taste of liquorice.

It's awful when they're screaming and you have no idea what's wrong with them. Even now it's the one sound I can't ignore. If I hear a baby crying it just tears through me.

Finally got a job (offer) today. :)

Well done you!

For the first time in history...I now have ALL three of my offspring employed. One in London at a top design agency... one in Newcastle & one in the middle in Brum!!

Apparently midwives used to recommend rubbing whisky on the gums but I never tried that!

Drugs & alcohol if in doubt! :D

The teething granules just get rubbed on gums as well IIRC taste of liquorice.

It's awful when they're screaming and you have no idea what's wrong with them. Even now it's the one sound I can't ignore. If I hear a baby crying it just tears through me.

the teething granules are like a sherbert. You open a paper packet, looks a bit like a rizzla, then pour the powder into babies mouth. It fizzes around their teeth and gums. We found it worked much better than the stuff you rub on their gums as our lad just licks it all off. Calpol also a god send.

BBC4 do some cracking music documentaries. Watched one dedicated to Sabbath (particularly Paranoid era) and one called 'Heavy Metal Britannia' about the rise of British metal from inception through the 80s. Both great watches, and nice to see a properly Brummie focussed doc, given how much the region has given to metal it's hard to ignore mind I suppose ;).

Following up on Grand Designs discussuon there was a really good programme on Discovery Science's ECO Tech last night

about Green Building. Some brilliant ideas for making our homes more energy efficient. I started getting interested in all this

when I watched the guy who builds the Earth Ships in US who was going to be sued by the US govt for disconnecting

his house from mains utilities in the States. He makes self sufficient Biotecture homes from old

tyres filled with dirt & other recycled materials. IIRC he was nicknamed the garbage man.

Interesting what they said about utilising solar powered electrolysis to make hydrogen to run homes & cars & store electricity, because I also watched "Ancient Aliens" & some scientists & engineers are putting forward the idea that the giant Pyramids of Geza were actually ancient

giant manufacturing stations for some form of energy.

Incidentally the guy who built Adaptahaus on Grand Designs held an open house day on Saturday for Charity...they were inundated & raised loads!

Â