General Chat

Stevo985

He probably wants a few debts on his books re: his forthcoming divorce settlement.

But his divorce has already gone through so it would not effect his personal furtune now?

but if he hasnt given her the cash yet then his assets will still be frozen, waters might be a bit murkier than the rags make it out to be, hence why he cant buy it outright but the bank is willing to give him the mortgage

Bit of a question that im hoping someone can help me with please.

Tiger Woods is worth a reported £600m, so why has he taken out a mortgage for £36m to build his new pad in Florida?

Would you just not pay cash and be done with it? Or does he take out a mortgage and let his interest pay for it thus not eating into his fortune?

I'd imagine that it's quite possible his advisors think they can (or actually can) get a larger return on that money than the cost of the mortgage.

Tiger Woods is worth a reported £600m, so why has he taken out a mortgage for £36m to build his new pad in Florida?

Would you just not pay cash and be done with it? Or does he take out a mortgage and let his interest pay for it thus not eating into his fortune?

I'd imagine that it's quite possible his advisors think they can (or actually can) get a larger return on that money than the cost of the mortgage.

But would that not happen if you just brought the property out right Snowy? Why do you need a mortgage to that?

But would that not happen if you just brought the property out right Snowy? Why do you need a mortgage to that?

He would have to sell £36m worth of assets to build his house. If those assets are making him more interest than the interest on a £36m mortgage then he should just use the banks money.

As Lax said, it would be a choice between using his own money and using the bank's money.

Whichever leaves him better off would be the one he'd be more likely to go for, I'd have thought.

(Alternatively, they might well be worried that the arse is going to fall out of the $30m plus property market. :P)

Â