General Chat

Stevo985

I have turned 25 and this is definitely the most depressing birthday so far. I cannot call myself early twenties, and 30 is now not too far off. My apologies to the elder folk on here scoffing at this dismay, but whilst I had no worries turning 18/21 it was all good fun and there was practically an entire decade of twentydom ahead before worrying about real life!

The end of irresponsible youth :(

However, the girlfriend did get me a keyboard so now I have no excuses anymore about not have the chance to develop some vague musical talent. I think she was bored of my whining at the passing of time.

However on the other side, my work colleagues just gave me some swedish lager and a bottle of jack daniels so it's not all bad. And since my drinking habits have spectacularly reduced year by year since Uni, this bottle, unlike previous ones may actually last a fair while.

So when was the birthday which ruined your youthful view of the future ahead? :P

I have turned 25 and this is definitely the most depressing birthday so far. My apologies to the elder folk on here scoffing at this dismay
:crylaugh: <--- scoffing

So when was the birthday which ruined your youthful view of the future ahead? :P
Hasn't happened yet.

(I've always been a miserable git)

I have turned 25 and this is definitely the most depressing birthday so far. My apologies to the elder folk on here scoffing at this dismay
:crylaugh: <--- scoffing

Hasn't happened yet.

(I've always been a miserable git)

In fairness I did say "yet". All the others have been fine. I've just been really manically watching time go by the last few months and I've been panicking I won't do the twelvtybillion things I'd like to. It's not even as if I want to go climb a random mountain ( I don't ). It's just books and general knowledge!

Ok, misery over. I shall go and bang keys later on as my part of my first steps to writing a masterpiece, no worries.

I've just been really manically watching time go by the last few months and I've been panicking I won't do the twelvtybillion things I'd like to. It's not even as if I want to go climb a random mountain ( I don't ). It's just books and general knowledge!
How do you think I feel? I have a shortlist of about a thousand books to read, and I'm 56.

Ain't gonna happen, is it? :|

That aside, though, I'm OK. Maturing like a fine wine. :lol:

30. When you leave your teens, you still have 21. When you leave 21 behind, you are still in your twenties. When you hit 30 you have nothing to cheer you up apart from the fact that you're not yet 40, 50 etc. Which is scant consolation for having left twenties, consdering you'll get to those eventually. I also know that this is the decade where I will hit 40 and that scares the crap out of me too.

Ive had the best year of my life as a 25 year old, 1st season ticket wembley twice peace cup dublin this weekend vegas new flat finished uni and drank more than ever, but im 26 next week so it'll no doubt go tits up

Ive had the best year of my life as a 25 year old, 1st season ticket wembley twice peace cup dublin this weekend vegas new flat finished uni and drank more than ever, but im 26 next week so it'll no doubt go tits up

It was a slight exaggeration. Partly informed by friends around me. One of my best mates has been married three years already, others have got engaged in the last couple of weeks etc, the mrs has had some broody moments of late :!:

I shall get over it, I just need to crack with finding corners of time to get on with it all! Off to London on saturday for the Dr. Who Proms 8)

I said in the other thread that was going about birthdays that my next birthday (25th) will be the one that makes me feel old. By then I'll have been in my job for longer than I was at uni, I'll have a mortgage, I'll be living on my own, and I'll be closer to 30 than I am to 20.

bad times :(

Spent an awful lot of money last night and managed to get lost in the city centre. Any night where you need to use the BT tower to try and find you way around is probably a good'un.

Spent an awful lot of money last night and managed to get lost in the city centre. Any night where you need to use the BT tower to try and find you way around is probably a good'un.

I've done that, but I used the Radisson hotel.

Good night that. Went to Barracuda (no idea why) left to go to mr Egg, was so pissed that I walked past barracuda on the way back and evidently about a mile down the road before I realised I'd gone too far.

Â