Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Yes 4th spot gets you a shot at qualification.

Next season however, all 4 English teams go directly into the group stage.

Spare a thought for Anderlecht who were the team to make way, giving up their full spot to Chelsea and taking the Spurs qualifier instead.

What the ****, how does that work? Why are Anderlecht being dragged in to this? If anytrhing if Spurs miss out because of Chelsea winning the cup then it should mean Arsenal are forced to play the qualifier in my opinion because a team from another country getting a hoofing makes absolutely no sense at all.

Plus, I get really annoyed when people piss and moan about the champions league not being populated by just champions of their league. It's just a name. If they changed it to the European League Cup or something would that stop the bollocks?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the ****, how does that work? Why are Anderlecht being dragged in to this?

Anderlecht had an automatic group stage spot until Chelsea won Champions League and now go into the qualifiers

• 2 weeks later...

I put SSN on last night to find a wonderfully rambling interview from Redknapp, the guy who's been touting himself for the England job all year is suddenly worried about his Spurs contract, claiming that his authority will be undermined if he goes into the season with just a year left on his deal, and players may take advantage of it.

I suspect he's laying the ground work for protect his reputation for when Spurs do struggle next season.

Its not very professional of him is it? But then again, he's not a very professional person at all.

I don't expect Levy will take too kindly to 'Arry washing his dirty laundry in public like this.

As Stevo says, would be great if Spurs said that they would be looking for a new manager at the end of HR's current contract.

And yet, 'arry does have a point. Running down the final year of your contract is like being a dead man walking. The players will not be 100% for a manager that mightn't be there the year after.

MON and PL never seemed to have an issue motivating players being on a rolling 1 year deal. There are not many managers that are certain to be at their clubs 12 months on. Not even SAF.

I don't think its a valid argument. In AR's case it is now becoming a potential problem because he's highlighted it.

Is he trying to get fired (and a 1 year payoff?). Does he fancy a big payday in the middle east to top up his pension fund?

I wonder would he get a spot at Sky. He could sit in the studio and they could place a car door in front of him with the window down.

And yet, 'arry does have a point. Running down the final year of your contract is like being a dead man walking. The players will not be 100% for a manager that mightn't be there the year after.

Well if that is the case he is entirely to blame for their drop in form and missing out on the CL because for the majority of the season he was hankering after the England job. So the doubt is nothing new.

Only last season it was in his favour and wasn't a problem now it isn't it is a problem.

Once a hypocrite always a hypocrite aye Harry.

I agree Trent. All his own doing. But from Spurs' point of view, Levy will need to do something. If he goes into this season with Harry on his final year then Spurs will do nothing of note and the club will suffer as a result. They have to either sign him up or let him go. I don't blame Harry for trying to expedite the decision. He understandably wants his future sorted asap.

I wonder would he get a spot at Sky. He could sit in the studio and they could place a car door in front of him with the window down.

:crylaugh:

Â