Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been cleared of all charges. Laughable.

I wouldn't say it is laughable.

Although his story sounds implausable there is no smoking gun evidence to say that the money was a work payment and not a loan between mates.

Without any actual evidence it was hard for HMRC to actually make a case.

I going to work for free and get my employer to give me an annual 'gift' equivilent to my wages. F#ck you, taxman. Apparently you can't touch me for it.

He payed tax on his wages.

This was a one off payment with no paperwork showing it was work related. It is hard to make a case without evidence that it was anything to do with work.

I going to work for free and get my employer to give me an annual 'gift' equivilent to my wages. F#ck you, taxman. Apparently you can't touch me for it.

He payed tax on his wages.

This was a one off payment with no paperwork showing it was work related. It is hard to make a case without evidence that it was anything to do with work.

agreed i work in this line of tax and i have not read any detailed excerpts yet from the case but will be important to understant if it was a personal payment form mandaric or from Portsmouth FC his employer - likely to be personal payment from mandaric otherwise HMRC would have won. his wages would have been paid by the employer, Portsmouth FC. Mandaric did not "employ" Arry personally. thats the crux of it.

Called it this morning.

So a few issues then.

Was the payment to Harry a loan? - No

Is Harry guilty of tax evasion - IMO Yes.

Could HMRC prove it? - No.

Hence the not guilty.

So, he's innocent. He's also still a candle faced fat mouthed temperamental wheeler dealer spastic though.

I'm not going to question the judgement, this isn't the OJ trial and I want on the jury. Neither was anyone else on this board, before the gloating begins from the Spuds PR.

I'm deeply concerned for the direction HMRC are heading in though. You wouldn't bet £80 for the chance to win 40p, yet recent stories in the news suggest they are going to great lengths to challenge people for relatively minor amounts, at far greater costs than any fee involved.

Anyway, **** Spurs.

I'm detecting a modicum of cynicism in people's belief in the justice system.

Not at all, full faith in the system built on the foundation of innocent until proven guilty. Redknapp is innocent until proven guilty.

As for Harry's defence on the other hand you might have got a different response. :winkold:

So, he's innocent. He's also still a candle faced fat mouthed temperamental wheeler dealer spastic though.

I'm not going to question the judgement, this isn't the OJ trial and I want on the jury. Neither was anyone else on this board, before the gloating begins from the Spuds PR.

I'm deeply concerned for the direction HMRC are heading in though. You wouldn't bet £80 for the chance to win 40p, yet recent stories in the news suggest they are going to great lengths to challenge people for relatively minor amounts, at far greater costs than any fee involved.

Anyway, **** Spurs.

But they have to. If you don't enfore tax evasion more people will avoid it and revenue goes down. There needs to be an assessment of risk/reward but they absolutely have to pursue tax dodgers where they find them.

Anyway, **** Spurs.

But they have to. If you don't enfore tax evasion more people will avoid it and revenue goes down. There needs to be an assessment of risk/reward but they absolutely have to pursue tax dodgers where they find them.

agreed. evasion is illegal.

in other tax news...

Reed Recruitment might be facing a £158m tax bill for putting in a salary sacrifice arrangement incorrectly. eek. expect this to go through more higher courts!

What fecking idiots the HMRC are !! Chasing a guy for who he is rather than the money - £30k odd of possibly non paid tax

Probably an arsenal fan who wanted him taken down. rocket polishers

Â