Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An over-rated player past his best with a big ego joining a club who haven't won the league for half a century with fans with big egos!

Perfect match!

He is past his best but i don't want his career tarnished!

Redknobb now saying that he's unlikely to join, thank **** for that!

i dont see how beckham doesnt it for exactly what it is, redknapp is using him to promote the club and increase his profile for his summer shopping, he'll be lucky to play 20 minutes when they are 3-0 up IMO

brilliant deal for spurs, other than the wife getting to spend 2 months tarting herself round london terrible deal for him

Lol at Spurs using there reserve game as a cattle market for all there players they cant get rid off.

Well hopefully for you your scouts were there. You don't want to end up paying a ridiculous fee for a very average player from another club in a couple of years time, that you could have bought from us for half the price.

Lol at Spurs using there reserve game as a cattle market for all there players they cant get rid off.

Well hopefully for you your scouts were there. You don't want to end up paying a ridiculous fee for a very average player from another club in a couple of years time, that you could have bought from us for half the price.

Doesn't say much for the Spurs attack if a very average player has consistently outscored them over any period of time you would care to venture.

Doesn't say much for the Spurs attack if a very average player has consistently outscored them over any period of time you would care to venture.

I'm sure you'd be welcome to buy any of our current strikers aswell. Pav would cost half of what you paid for Bent and as well as being a far better all round player has a better strike rate than Bent has since he went to Sunderland. Pav scoring every 150 mins compared to Bent every 160 mins. But that's if you count pens, otherwise it's a goal for Pav every 150 mins and a goal for Bent every 214 mins.

Provocation aside, for which I apologise. Pav really would have been a better signing for you. A lot of posters here have said they don't care that Bent isn't a good player, as he puts away chances, which is what you need. But Pav is a better finisher and I think would score more for you at cost a lot less and is a much better all round player.

Hopefully enough of your coaches were there. You don't want to let another very good player go for half the price you could have got.

His starts:goals ratio was very good at Spurs, better than any of the strikers he had to compete with actually.

Hopefully enough of your coaches were there. You don't want to let another very good player go for half the price you could have got.

His starts:goals ratio was very good at Spurs, better than any of the strikers he had to compete with actually.

His starts to goals ratio doesn't tell you much as it includes goals when coming off the bench. Minutes per goal is the best way to judge things and when they were all at Spurs together (which was only for a short time) both Defoe and Keane had better records than him.

So often players (i'm not just talking about Bent, but in general) get judged on cumulative data and this really distorts things. You can only score when on the pitch so it's unfair to make comparisons by just looking at the amount of goals a player has scored, which is so often done. We are apparently trying to sign Suarez at the moment and our fans are excited by this as yours were over Bent. But I can tell by reading most of the comments on Spurs boards that hardly anyone has watched him, other than casually during the WC. I keep reading how fast, strong and clinical he is! I've seen a fair bit of Suarez and he's not fast, goes over easily and often has about 5 chances before he scores. Yet his stats say he's got an incredible record and he looks a bit like Tevez, so our fans seem to have decided he has Teves attributes and the clinical finishing of RVN (as they scored similar amounts in Holland). I genuinely think you're in for shock concerning Bent and we might well be if we sign Suarez.

Tottenham Hotspur - less league titles than Hudderfield Town

Even one of their own players says they're not a big club!!!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/17/2309976/rafael-van-der-vaart-i-have-rediscovered-my-love-for-the-game-at-

"My heart is now at Tottenham. It is not a huge club"

We could have told you that! :crylaugh:

The difference being that Bent has a similar record in recent years to Rooney and Dorgba in the Premier League (That includes a season at Spurs where he wasn't even played all that much), while Suarez has a similar record to Afonso Alves in Holland.

You can only go by what you see and what the figures say. We have all seen alot of Bent given that he plays in this league and we know how he can perform in this league. Anybody, be it a nobody or Messi, from another country is always going to be a risk, regardless of their record, because it's not the same league.

Can't really understand the criticism of the Bent signing. Prime age, scores a great amount of goals and hasn't really had much service throughout his career - no doubt if he had a fancy name it'd be different. Here he has Young, Downing and Albrighton. Don't think there's another team in the country that can boast that sort of delivery, if there is, there certainly aint many.

Â