Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well regardless of if they get in the top 4 this season I can't help being a little envious of Spurs when I look at the total **** train wreck that is our season.

Yet hanging on for those final few seconds yesterday would have had us joint 5th on points.

A train wreck? Of course... :winkold:

As for Gareth Bale, he is in incredible form, and it's not just a flash in the pan, he has been like this for a year. The only villa players in prem history who have played as well as Bale is playing now is, Mcgrath 92-93, Yorke 95-

96, Merson 2000 and Young 2008.

A year? That's simply not true. He only started getting into the team at LB last Jan (and wasn't even any good), it wasn't until March where he moved to the wing and started to play well.

So march to the end of the season - 2 months.

Start of this season to now - 2 and a half months (he hasn't even been that good in the Premier League this season).

So to be honest, he's been good for 4 and a half months worth of football. Though you could even argue he hasn't been that good in the league this year, he played amazing against Inter, but in the league he's been pretty average for the most part.

I'm sure Spurs fans will come in with the usual "you don't see him play". But Spurs have been live quite a few times and I usually watch 2 or 3 games on Football First for the extended highlights anyway.

Well regardless of if they get in the top 4 this season I can't help being a little envious of Spurs when I look at the total **** train wreck that is our season.

Yet hanging on for those final few seconds yesterday would have had us joint 5th on points.

A train wreck? Of course... :winkold:

Not the place to discuss our season but so far its been a fecking mess and I'd have said that even if we'd won yesterday.

Bale is a very good player one on one; he gets this freedom in CL as most teams don't double up in defense. In the PL this is common practice and I feel the reason he doesn't get as much success. Say that is he was to move the continent would suit his style.

Edit* Did I say I hate Spurs yet this morning?

Not a **** train wreck Trent! If we were out of both cups early and at the bottom of the league, that's a train wreck!

We are doing fairly average, and we're creating chances. A Chelsea mate of mine commented "With a good finisher you would be better than Spurs"

And I'm inclined to agree, we create loads, just haven't got a Bent to put 'em away.

Attention Spuds fans: My hatred for your club notwithstanding, in the spirit of some sort of misguided kinship I would advise any of you that are in or around the Basingstoke area (god knows I see enough white shirts around town) this Thursday that Ricky Villa will be at Waterstone's signing copies of his autobiography! :shock:

I'll be there, I've already promised to get a book for my yid-following colleague who will sadly for him (and hilariously for the rest of us) be stuck in Liverpool that day. :D

Attention Spuds fans: My hatred for your club notwithstanding, in the spirit of some sort of misguided kinship I would advise any of you that are in or around the Basingstoke area (god knows I see enough white shirts around town) this Thursday that Ricky Villa will be at Waterstone's signing copies of his autobiography! :shock:

I'll be there, I've already promised to get a book for my yid-following colleague who will sadly for him (and hilariously for the rest of us) be stuck in Liverpool that day. :D

The London press really do try and big up that cup final when Ricky Villa scored.

Amazing they don't mention that the highest place team Tottenham played to win the FA Cup that season finished 6 points off getting relegated! Hardly sounds a great achievement.

I guess when Tottenham haven't even come even 2nd in the main 2 competitions for almost half a century they have to make the most of those smaller achievements. :)

Spurs fans - after our kids showcased exactly what they can do, where are these super-kids a lot were boasting about? Bostock was the next big thing, and Parrett, and Caulker, and Kane... what has happened to them? Bostocks taking in loan football at Hull I think... but how are you going to get these kids integrated into your team?

Answer, you aren't, which is a fatal mistake by 'Arry, he needs to start bringing players like Parrett through (who I thought was pretty good a couple of years ago)

Thats one thing every team in the land can look enviously at (except Arsenal of course... their's is clearly better ;) ) and thats our academy. Thank you Sid Cowans and team, thank you KevMac and team, you are doing our kids proud.

How many times will Crouch head down and VDV finish? Are defenders stupid? Why do they all seem to fall asleep as it goes over their head and then stare a crouch and not think about who they are meant to be marking? Petrov got done twice by this, its a joke, such a pathetic goal to conceed

Â