Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can this be renamed to the Glastonspur Thread? Because that's what it basically is.

The guy is an attention whore; he posts for effect and boy does he get it.

To drag the conversation back to Spurs, they seem to really be missing Defoe. I think Van der Vaart is a brilliant signing, and Modric being back so soon is a big bonus for them, but they clearly missed Defoe's poacher-like strikers instinct today. I don't think they were unlucky against West Ham. What I saw West Ham looked good for their win.

Getting back to the actual thread topic........ Spurs

Personally I don't think their current form (which isn't actually all that bad) is anything to do with their involvement in the CL as I've seen people suggest in various places in recent days. They simply haven't played enough games yet in the CL for it to have had an impact but it will.

At the moment their European campaign has actually been less demanding than it has been for the clubs taking part in the Europa League so that shouldn't be blamed.

I think it comes down to injuries and nothing more than that, they are missing their one out and out goal scorer and they have problems at CB with Woodgate as good as fininished, King (aka the new McGrath) incapable of playing the number of games they need from him and then there is the injury to Dawson.

I'm sure Spurs form will improve but soon the demands of CL football will hit home.

Getting back to the actual thread topic........ Spurs

Personally I don't think their current form (which isn't actually all that bad) is anything to do with their involvement in the CL as I've seen people suggest in various places in recent days. They simply haven't played enough games yet in the CL for it to have had an impact but it will.

At the moment their European campaign has actually been less demanding than it has been for the clubs taking part in the Europa League so that shouldn't be blamed.

I think it comes down to injuries and nothing more than that, they are missing their one out and out goal scorer and they have problems at CB with Woodgate as good as fininished, King (aka the new McGrath) incapable of playing the number of games they need from him and then there is the injury to Dawson.

I'm sure Spurs form will improve but soon the demands of CL football will hit home.

These players should return after the group stages of the champs league, which i think will be too late for spurs.

which isn't actually all that bad)

Well I'd say 1 point from the games against Wigan, West Ham and WBA is a pretty poor return. And they could've easily have drawn against Wolves.

I think they'll struggle away from home this season tbh.

Actually, on reflection you are right that is pretty poor.

I think Redknob seems to be having problems shoehorning everyone in midfield. Can Lennon, Van der Vaart AND Modric all play in the same midfielde? And he had to push Bale back to LB to accomodate him.

VDV has been playing off the striker (Crouch), Bale is naturally a LB so no problems there, and Modric is a genius and can play anywhere, when your a manager and you have problems with your selections, its never a bad thing although I think his best starting 11 picks itself mate

I don't think it picks itself at all.

Firstly, he has regular injuries at the back which means can rarely get a consistant back 4 going, especially if King plays because you know he's going to miss games regularly.

While midfield, Bale is a fine left winger, so missing out him at left back, Modric, VDV, Huddlestone, all central players, Kranjcar too, while Lennon on the right?

You could play the 3 central players but I wouldn't say Spurs have a natural lone striker they can play so that can affect them.

I mean it's nice to have options but I don't think Redknapp knows his best team yet. From talking to the only Spurs fan I know, he's pee'd off that Redknapp keeps rotating for league games too, said he hasn't been consistant with his selections and when there not playing well, they can't get any rythm because it keeps getting changed.

Gareth Bale is the left-sided Glen Johnson.

I've been saying that myself.

Both look good when playing further up the pitch and can get 1 on 1 with a fullback but ask them to stay in position at fullback and defend and they are not only wasted but are a bit of a liability.

Â