Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

... Here's the line Glaston: You're not a PR for Spuds and nobody is going to change their opinions about your club because of the crap you spout on here. ...

I've given the plain facts about the trophy count during the 9 decades that have elapsed since WWI. You wish to try and translate these facts into "crap" that I spout ... well good luck with this ongoing denial of reality.

... If you want to talk about Villa, go and do it in the VillaTalk section of the board. ...

Occasionally I do post in the VT section But since in this thread there are plenty of posts from VTers that make ludicrous claims about Villa in comparison to Spurs, why should I not - in this thread - pass comment on such posts?

Perhaps you're just unhappy that all of the BS spouted about Spurs gets challenged with actual facts.

Behind Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool and Arsenal, who are next on the all time Premier league points list??

We are considerably better than yow...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...facts...facts...facts.

rafa-facts.jpg

facts aren't everything, you can sit and distort any shite you happen to stumble upon but the problem here is you have this twisted, bitter pre-concieved narrative before you post here, or anywhere. this leads to petty, pointless and pedantic debate over the legitamacy of trophies won in a bygone era.

you pass yourself off as being a spurs supporter, but you are a fan of being a fan more than anything else.

There comes a point when Villa fans have to stop looking backwards at the remote past when teams like Spurs, Chelsea and many, many, many others weren't even in the league structure

There also comes a point where Spurs fans have to go back to their own forum (which is so special no annoying opposition fans post on it). But still.

Yet you list "Runners Up" as a team's achievement.

Almost as deluded as a fan of a team trying to convince himself that they're a massive club because they won the league a few times in the 1800s ....

Yep. Ancient history from the Victorian era, when the league was tiny, but when you look at the picture since as far back as WWI, this is what it shows:

Villa have not won more trophies than Spurs in any decade since World War I - whilst Spurs have won more trophies than Villa in 4 out of the last 5 decades, including the decade just finished. During this 9 decade period the trophy count stands at 16 to 9 in Spurs favour: very nearly double.

Yes, Villa won the European Cup during this period, but then again Spurs won three European trophies - and in fact were the first British club ever ever win a European trophy. And yes, Villa won a league title during this period, but then again so have Spurs - twice.

There comes a point when Villa fans have to stop looking backwards at the remote past when teams like Spurs, Chelsea and many, many, many others weren't even in the league structure.

Oh what a surprise, Spurs fans having to use specific dates in which they try to prove their very average sizes club is bigger than ours.

Since my dad has been alive you haven't even managed to finish in the top 2 in the league. This isn't my lifetime - which is a long enough time anyway - but my dads. In that period Villa have won the league and gone on to be Champions of Europe.

So yes, in the modern era we're better than you anyway. In entire history, we're better than you. I fail to see what your point is.

Are you currently better than us? No question, you finished above us in the table. But this is something you SPurs fans just can't admit, you have such an inferiority complex that you'll never admit it. Even the past few years where we've quite clearly been thebetter side, you've gone on about (very, very distorted) history to try and prove you're better.. what the **** has (very, very distorted) history got to do with the 2008/09 season!?

Everything points to us being a more succesful club than you. I couldn't care less what a few Spurs fans say, no, I don't give a shit what any Spurs fan says, because you're 100% wrong. A trophy won is a trophy won and you can only beat what's in front of you. If you were to do a ratio of years played:trophies won, fine, but to simply not count trophies is very small time on your point.

Spurs are currently in my opinion a bigger club than us with a better squad. (Depends what your definition of bigger is though, personally I put it down to part past, decent history, not as good as Villa's, good current situation, better than Villa's and potentially could grow even bigger. I think it's constantly changing though, if 3 years time, we finish above Spurs in 4th/5th place, Spurs say 7th/8th.....then you'd have to say we are currently the bigger team because I think Spurs and Villa are very close in terms of history and potential so relies on current placing to determine, unlike say if Wigan finish 6th 2/3 times and we finish 8th....we'd still be a bigger club than them because potentially we can go progress more and our history is far, far better than Wigan's)

However we have a better history than them.

I really hate Spurs.

That's my take on the matter.

Who cares really? Why do we have to go around and around on this one. There is plenty of other stuff to talk about in relation to Spurs;

* There new ground - Is it actually happening?

* The mounting injury problems

* The signing of VDV and his potential impact

* Gallas and his switch to Spurs and the obvious comparisons with Sol Campbell's move the other way

* Twitchy face's possible punishments when he comes to court ;)

There is plenty to talk about rather than going around in circles like the last few pages.

... Here's the line Glaston: You're not a PR for Spuds and nobody is going to change their opinions about your club because of the crap you spout on here. ...

I've given the plain facts about the trophy count during the 9 decades that have elapsed since WWI. You wish to try and translate these facts into "crap" that I spout ... well good luck with this ongoing denial of reality.

Did the league start in 1918? No? So why quote it? If you want to quote history, quote from the formation of the league or shut up.

I could say Blackpool won 2-0 away at Newcastle on Saturday, while your scumbags scraped to a lucky draw against the Boggies. And if I wanted to make up my own ridiculous time frames, I could use that FACT to PROVE ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT BLACKPOOL ARE A BIGGER AND MORE SUCCESSFUL CLUB THAN SPUDS. By your logic.

Villa have a richer history than Spuds. The facts are there, without the need for molestation. If you come one here again and make up your own ridiculous time frames that have **** all to do with success, I am going to ridicule you again.

... If you want to talk about Villa, go and do it in the VillaTalk section of the board. ...

Occasionally I do post in the VT section But since in this thread there are plenty of posts from VTers that make ludicrous claims about Villa in comparison to Spurs, why should I not - in this thread - pass comment on such posts?

Perhaps you're just unhappy that all of the BS spouted about Spurs gets challenged with actual facts.

You're not posting facts though, you're molesting statistics. You are presenting trends from history - as history - instead of acknowledging history.

Which is bullshit.

And here's another fact, Glaston. We could go out and lose 6-0 tonight at Stoke and still be above Spuds in the league.

4 games into the season and your crowing about being 1 point above Spurs?

It sounds a bit desperate to me, but I guess it's understandable when you've already conceded 8 Prem goals (the worst in the league so far) and have again been knocked out of Europe at the first time of asking.

Just to confirm in the main 2 competitions:

Tottenham:

2 league titles and 4 runner ups, 47 years out of the top flight (last winner or runner up 47 years ago!)

European Cup - no chance!

Villa:

7 league titles and 10 runner ups, more recent winner and runner up than the tots plus an extra 35 years as a top flight team!

A whopping 79 out of 122 top flight years spent above Spurs!

European Cup winners - yes!

So Spurs less successful in both the main competitions - let's hear it for their peripheral successes though. :lol:

From 1975 we've won more than Spurs, won bigger than Spurs and also finished above them more often! The again overall we've won more major trophies and won bigger than them not that it is hard! :lol:

Glaston is nowhere to be seen when Spuds lose, yet as soon as we lose he is on here like a shot. Must be a closet bluenose.

Or he's here on a wind up.

Or he just posts for effect.

Inferiority complex - he posts like a bluenose.

The thing that shows up Spurs the most is their absolute complete obsession with Arsenal.

They are totally consumed by them. Even the very knowledgeable Spurs fans I know are completley obsessed with them, whilst the Arsenal fans I know dislike them but consider them an annoyance and have bigger fish to fry.

A couple of examples is their 5-1 win over Arsenal reserves a couple of years ago. They still go on about, have pictures of the scoreboard all over their facebook profiles and basically consider it the biggest result in their history (it would seem).

Another is when Arsenal got to the champs league final in 06 and hundreds if not thousands went out and bought Barcelona shirts. Sad bastards.

Biggest example of an inferiority complex I've ever seen.

The thing that shows up Spurs the most is their absolute complete obsession with Arsenal.

They are totally consumed by them. Even the very knowledgeable Spurs fans I know are completley obsessed with them, whilst the Arsenal fans I know dislike them but consider them an annoyance and have bigger fish to fry.

A couple of examples is their 5-1 win over Arsenal reserves a couple of years ago. They still go on about, have pictures of the scoreboard all over their facebook profiles and basically consider it the biggest result in their history (it would seem).

Another is when Arsenal got to the champs league final in 06 and hundreds if not thousands went out and bought Barcelona shirts. Sad bastards.

Biggest example of an inferiority complex I've ever seen.

Indeed. They're just like bluenoses. You can't talk to a bluenose without the old tired "SOTV" making an appearance...

From the Daily Fail, funny nonetheless:

Sandro left in the departures lounge after Tottenham new boy is told he can't travel to Germany

Tottenham new boy Sandro was left in the departure lounge at Stansted airport on Monday after a communication breakdown meant he failed to realise he is not in the squad for the Champions League.

The Brazilian summer signing from Internacional travelled to a private terminal after being told by unofficial translator, Honduran team-mate Wilson Palacios, to be there bright and breezy.

Sandro was told to leave Stansted because he is not in Tottenham's Champions League squad

However, Sandro, 21, has not been included on Tottenham's 'A' list for the competition and would need to have been with the club for two years to make list 'B'.

Manager Harry Redknapp and club secretary Darren Eales told a shocked and disappointed Sandro he would not be boarding the plane for tonight's Group A opener in Bremen.

He will, instead, play in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Wednesday.

Luka Modric did make the trip but Redknapp rates the Croatia playmaker 'very doubtful' after he was forced off in the first half of the 1-1 draw at West Bromwich on Saturday with a leg injury.

If only Sandro had remembered the requisite brown envelope, maybe 'onest 'arry would have let him travel.

Â