Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet you list "Runners Up" as a team's achievement.

Almost as deluded as a fan of a team trying to convince himself that they're a massive club because they won the league a few times in the 1800s ....

Yep. Ancient history from the Victorian era, when the league was tiny, but when you look at the picture since as far back as WWI, this is what it shows:

Villa have not won more trophies than Spurs in any decade since World War I - whilst Spurs have won more trophies than Villa in 4 out of the last 5 decades, including the decade just finished. During this 9 decade period the trophy count stands at 16 to 9 in Spurs favour: very nearly double.

Yes, Villa won the European Cup during this period, but then again Spurs won three European trophies - and in fact were the first British club ever ever win a European trophy. And yes, Villa won a league title during this period, but then again so have Spurs - twice.

There comes a point when Villa fans have to stop looking backwards at the remote past when teams like Spurs, Chelsea and many, many, many others weren't even in the league structure.

Almost as deluded as a fan of a team trying to convince himself that they're a massive club because they won the league a few times in the 1800s ....

Yep. Ancient history from the Victorian era, when the league was tiny, but when you look at the picture since as far back as WWI, this is what it shows:

Villa have not won more trophies than Spurs in any decade since World War I - whilst Spurs have won more trophies than Villa in 4 out of the last 5 decades, including the decade just finished. During this 9 decade period the trophy count stands at 16 to 9 in Spurs favour: very nearly double.

Yes, Villa won the European Cup during this period, but then again Spurs won three European trophies - and in fact were the first British club ever ever win a European trophy. And yes, Villa won a league title during this period, but then again so have Spurs - twice.

There comes a point when Villa fans have to stop looking backwards at the remote past when teams like Spurs, Chelsea and many, many, many others weren't even in the league structure.

Exclusive: Glaston is a Villa fan.

He must be. He spends loads of time on this site talking about Villa in a 'Spuds Hate' thread.

Here's the line Glaston: You're not a PR for Spuds and nobody is going to change their opinions about your club because of the crap you spout on here. You come onto a Villa message board and spout the same diatribe like a bitter bluenose. It's just so incredibly banal. You deserve all the shit people throw at you in this thread. SimplySpurfect and Joey55 don't come on this site or into this thread with the same attitude you do.

If you want to talk about Villa, go and do it in the VillaTalk section of the board. See how you get treated when you are posting into the correct threads.

But if you are just going to come on here and bullshit about a club most of the board members dislike, especially when it's about a manager we think is a massive kunt, don't complain when you get the piss taken out of you.

And also remember this: You had VillaTalk members banned from your Spuds Knitting Circle just for being Villa fans.

Remember your place, or GTFO.

you should realise this is a Villa site, we are proud of what our team has achieved and we don't need some cockney rocket polisher coming on here winding us up, who cares that Spurts wern't in the league cos they were either shit or not invented. They are not, and never will be on a par with the Villa, and if they wern't based in the shit-pit of London they would be as fashionable as Bolton.

T wat!

So what you are saying is that since the less traditional clubs like Spurs and Chelsea thought the idea of a league would never work and refused to join, that our league titles don't count.

On that basis I am now going to say that Spurs League cup victory a few years ago counted for nothing because Arsenal played their reserve team in the competition.

Absolutely stupid point you bring up. Clutching at straws.

So what you are saying is that since the less traditional clubs like Spurs and Chelsea thought the idea of a league would never work and refused to join, that our league titles don't count.

On that basis I am now going to say that Spurs League cup victory a few years ago counted for nothing because Arsenal played their reserve team in the competition.

Absolutely stupid point you bring up. Clutching at straws.

He knows it bullshit, he just posts it to wind people up.

Of course it's bullshit.

If MK Dons get to the prem, which they will probably do at some point, I'm going to say that no-one's titles count because MK Dons weren't in the league structure before recently.

Tottenham are the bestest team ever in the world, bar none!

Villadude, you forgot to mention

They have more money than the Blue Mancs

The have the betsest, most honest and trustworthy manager imaginable

They have the most impressive history in football dating back to 1526 BC which is 2 days before the world began so anything before then is impossible

Oh and just too many other things to mention

Way I look at it.

We've both won two carling cups in the past twenty years.

We've both won a european trophy in the past thirty years.

We've won the league in the past thirty years, you haven't.

You've won the Fa cup in the past twenty years, we haven't.

We've both finished 4th in the league once in the past 15 years.

We've finished top 6 more consistantly than you in the past twenty years.

So not too different in the modern era.

If i was a Spurs fan I would be worried about the team

Last 2 league performances have been poor plus 1st leg vs Young Boys.

Squad looks stretched already after 6 games of season and come Christmas could be stuck in mid-table obscurity for the season

Squad looks stretched already

They've lost their best striker for 3 months, their best defender (debateable but Spurs fans certainly seem to think he is) for 6-7 weeks and Modric out for a few weeks too, although not as long as originally thought. Yes, that is going to stretch any squad! As I said in a post a few pages ago, can you imagine if we lost Dunne, Young and Aggy for a couple of months each... whereas they have King, Woodgate, Bassong and Gallas to choose from, van der Vaart and Kranjaer to replace Modric and Keane, Pavyluchenko and Crouch for Defoe... I wouldn't say they are doing that badly, as squad goes.

Everyone is dropping points at the moment though. How many weekends do we find Everton, Spurs, Liverpool and Man City all dropping points with us still to play? Whether or not we'll capatalise is another thing, but this season is already starting to look incredibly open beyond the top 3.

... Here's the line Glaston: You're not a PR for Spuds and nobody is going to change their opinions about your club because of the crap you spout on here. ...

I've given the plain facts about the trophy count during the 9 decades that have elapsed since WWI. You wish to try and translate these facts into "crap" that I spout ... well good luck with this ongoing denial of reality.

... If you want to talk about Villa, go and do it in the VillaTalk section of the board. ...

Occasionally I do post in the VT section But since in this thread there are plenty of posts from VTers that make ludicrous claims about Villa in comparison to Spurs, why should I not - in this thread - pass comment on such posts?

Perhaps you're just unhappy that all of the BS spouted about Spurs gets challenged with actual facts.

Â