Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

It would be amazing if Spurs finish 4th again let alone a title run. You have to add the fact they are in Europe this year to. And dont forget Liverpool will be better as well as Man City.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Spurs to finish 4th I thin kArsenal will have to have a shocker of a season. The top 3 will be Chelsea, United and City (probably in that order).

To be honest I think Spurs, us, Liverpool, Everton etc will all be comfortably short of 4th this year.

Keane looked really bad last night. He's well past his best and would be a poor buy. I expect them to offload him and bring in another striker asap so they are ready for the Champions League. Spurs overall played poorly and should have been down by 3 goals by half time. They came back thanks to 2 bad mistakes by the Red Bulls backup defense.

... Spurs overall played poorly and should have been down by 3 goals by half time. They came back thanks to 2 bad mistakes by the Red Bulls backup defense.

Spurs fielded only 3 of their best XI players playing in their usual positions, and many of their other players were aged 19 - 21.

Comparing Toure to Huddlestone :shock:

Might as well say Xavi wouldn't adjust better than Sidwell.

I'm confident that Huddlestone will play better for Spurs this season than Toure will for City in this, his first season at a new team containing lots of new players, in a new league, in a new country.

PS. Xavi and Sidwell are irrelevant: Barca would not have sold Xavi to City, but they were prepared to let Toure go. And Huddlestone was a mainstay for the England U-21s, Sidwell never was, and Huddlestone will soon be an England senior squad regular, whilst Sidwell will never play at that level.

... Spurs overall played poorly and should have been down by 3 goals by half time. They came back thanks to 2 bad mistakes by the Red Bulls backup defense.

Spurs fielded only 3 of their best XI players playing in their usual positions, and many of their other players were aged 19 - 21.

Cudicini 37, Hutton 26, Bale 21, Huddlestone 24, Jenas , Keane 30, Modric 25, Naughton 22, Kranjcar 26, Corluka 24, Walker 20

So not too many in the age bracket you mentioned. But it was a pre-season friendly and I am sure when everyone is back for you they will play much much better. Poor performanace from most of the players on show.

Cudicini 37, Hutton 26, Bale 21, Huddlestone 24, Jenas , Keane 30, Modric 25, Naughton 22, Kranjcar 26, Corluka 24, Walker 20

So not too many in the age bracket you mentioned. But it was a pre-season friendly and I am sure when everyone is back for you they will play much much better. Poor performanace from most of the players on show.

Just three first XI players, two of them playing out of usual position at CB (Corluka) and Huddlestone (in the 2nd half).

PS. Naughton is 21 (not 22). And you forgot to mention Mason (19), Townsend (19), Rose (20), Taarabt (21) ... all took part in the game. Including Bale etc, I make that at least 7 players aged 19 -21.

anything to make Spurs look good eh Glaston same old same old from you..

He will go all quiet again when Spurs fail to repeat their success of last season.

he seems an alright guy, only for the pure and utter smugness.

And you forgot to mention Mason (19), Townsend (19), Rose (20), Taarabt (21) ... all took part in the game. Including Bale etc, I make that at least 7 players aged 19 -21.

Correct, but I did mention Spurs where better in the second when they came on. Maybe that should be where 'Arry looks for his players to win the Premiership. :winkold:

Spurs are going to find it hard to match last season with Liverpool likely to improve under their new manager and City have moved up a notch in the transfer window.

Amazing how Spurs getting in the top six for the 3rd time in 18 premier league seasons (15 out of 18 outside the top six) isn't put into it's wider context. They probably won't get so lucky again

:cheers:

Sop everything at Spurs isn't perfect then as you and your manager disagree, he believes money can win it or was he being less than honest (perish the thought) when he said "If I could buy the 4 players I wanted I'd win the league"

Or is it only Man City money which doesn't count?

Answes on a postcard

The difference is that Spurs already have a more gelled-together and Prem-adjusted squad than City.

So if Spurs were to bring in additional new players from outside the Prem, they would be joining a more solid base compared to City, who, if they bring in more players from outside the Prem, are adding them to a squad that already contains a fair few first XI players who are either new to the Prem and/or haven't had as much time to gel with their team mates as their equivalent at Spurs.

For example, Silva (if he plays wide attacking left) compared to Bale, or Y.Toure compared to Huddlestone, or Kolarov compared to Ekotto, or Boateng compared to Corluka. In each case these Spurs players are already Prem-adjusted and gelled within the team.

Players City brought in with no Prem experience before this season:

De Jong

Kompany

Robinho

Players done this season:

Silva

Yaya

Boateng

I make that 6 players without Premiership experience in the last 4 years.

Players brought in with Prem experience:

Given

Taylor

Lescott

Toure

Bridge

Johnson

Barry

Viera

SWP

Adebayor

Bellamy

Tevez

Roque Santa Cruz

Not exactly damning, this evidence for "Prem adjusting" is it? Perhaps, just perhaps, you finished above us last season because we changed manager halfway through it as the previous one has literally lost us 10 points in ridiculous tactical decisions?

Not exactly damning, this evidence for "Prem adjusting" is it? Perhaps, just perhaps, you finished above us last season because we changed manager halfway through it as the previous one has literally lost us 10 points in ridiculous tactical decisions?

Or maybe Spurs were just better and deserved to finish higher?

Â