Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Win the title with his current squad? His he having a laugh?

Modric? Palacios? Dawson? All good enough.

Just put maybe one top class striker (Fabiano), a defender that is better than Bassong and less injury prone than King and hope Huddlestone develops quickly and viola.

Palacios not good enough, nor is Dawson.

They have many good players, but not that quality or experience to win the league.

They had their best Premiership season and still finished 16 points off the title?! with the same squad + maybe an addition or two, they are not suddenly going to challenge for the title. They were closer to 13th than they were 1st......

It'll be the same squad, but most of the younger players will be that little bit better and more experienced. Plus, Spurs suffered a dreadful season with injuries last year.

Losing Lennon for over half of the season, when he was in his best form of his career before November. Modric lost four months, Defoe was out for a couple of months, Woodgate missed the entire season, King was King, Bale was injured for the first three months.

And in March/April there were as many as 9 squad players, many in the same positions, injured at the same time. So with less injuries this year, there will already be a stronger squad than last year.

So you believe your title challengers? :lol:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And can I just point out that he doesn't actually mention winning the league this season. Just that with the right players, Spurs should be aiming for the title eventually. It is, afterall, a natural progression. Spurs won't win the league this season, won't actually come close to it for three or four seasons, at least.

The entire forward line needs improving on, really. Because each of the four first team strikers there at the moment, they're all very limited players. You wouldn't build your team around Defoe or Crouch.

A big name striker is needed, but two would be amazing. I have naughty thoughts about Dzeko and Forlan up front. It's never going to happen, but they're the kind of strikers that are needed. Top class players you can build your entire team around, who can score goals, lead the line and bring other players into the game.

Other than that though, I'd say the squad is sufficiently strong enough to make another push for fourth place, regardless of the money that City spend. As long as an injury crisis is avoided and Redknapp plays the fringe and younger players compete in the domestic cups.

Spurs aren't good enough to realistically fight on four fronts and, while I would love a cup win (either of them) the priority this year has got to be making sure last season wasn't just a flash in the pan. It would've all been for nothing if Spurs finish 6-7th this year.

Just put maybe one top class striker (Fabiano), a defender that is better than Bassong and less injury prone than King and hope Huddlestone develops quickly and viola.

They have many good players, but not that quality or experience to win the league.

They had their best Premiership season and still finished 16 points off the title?! with the same squad + maybe an addition or two, they are not suddenly going to challenge for the title. They were closer to 13th than they were 1st......

It'll be the same squad, but most of the younger players will be that little bit better and more experienced. Plus, Spurs suffered a dreadful season with injuries last year.

Losing Lennon for over half of the season, when he was in his best form of his career before November. Modric lost four months, Defoe was out for a couple of months, Woodgate missed the entire season, King was King, Bale was injured for the first three months.

And in March/April there were as many as 9 squad players, many in the same positions, injured at the same time. So with less injuries this year, there will already be a stronger squad than last year.

Nope, but you posted before I finished typing that last post.

I dont think Arry or SS believes they will win league but i think players will get a great boost to hear their manager say they could go far. Like when MON said Ashley Young was world class. was desigsend to make Young feel better about his ability

Nope, but you posted before I finished typing that last post.

Okay. :thumb:

I hope Spudz do get fourth spot again this season, after us grabbing it of course, but we're light years away from getting top four imo.

Anyone, absolutely anyone other than Man Shitty to get it please, I'm hating that club more than any other club I've ever hated.

I think i'm starting to like spurs :(

But fair play to them, even though some of their fans are cocky wotsits and are hella annoying on talk sport, i think they should be commended.

Last season they got to the glory land (I know they still have to qualify, but they gave themselves that chance)

Harry Redknapp - even though he is an absolute git, I think he's the kind of bloke who every fan would like if he was your manager. He's English too which is pretty much unheard of these days!

They use alot of English players - something which i started to notice when Jol was in charge.

So fair play to them..I hope they (behind us obviously..) get 4th again.. same as villadude.

If Harry Redknapp became our manager I'd be devestated. Seriously.

amen to that brother!

they now take the piss out of me at work after i took the bait and flared up and spent half an hour shouting about him being the next england manager last week

Man City will not be in contention for 4th, they will be in contention for the title. ...

Nah, 4th at best for City as things stand right now ... and that's only if they get a lot of luck.

Don't be fooled by all the money spent: a collection of expensive players does not a team make, especially when several will have to adapt to the Prem over tiime and one or two of these will probably fail to do so.

And can I just point out that he doesn't actually mention winning the league this season. Just that with the right players, Spurs should be aiming for the title eventually.

Wrong. Read earlier post with direct quote and linkage.

“If I went out now and brought in the four players I wanted from anywhere, we would win the title. If we went out and bought four world-class players, no matter what the price, we would have a fantastic chance."

From Express. Posted earlier today.

They managed to beat Red Bull tonight. They came back in second half after RB put a lot of their reserves on. Very nice goal from Henry. Both Bale and Keane played well with both scoring after mistakes by RB defense. Bale was their MOTM.

http://tiny.cc/sp1sf

Thierry Henry played his first match for the New York Red Bulls as they hosted Tottenham Hotspur in the first match of the New York Football Challenge. The match is part of a mini-tournament which also includes Sporting Lisbon and Manchester City.

New York Red Bulls 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur Video Highlights

The match highlights can be found here at Free Soccer Highlights.

New York Red Bulls 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur Recap

Tottenham Hotspur would come back from an 0-1 deficit to win 2-1 against the Red Bulls.

The New York Red Bulls would start off strong and see Henry score his first goal in the 25th minute. It could have been his second of the match as the Frenchmen had a great chance earlier in the match but couldn’t convert. Overall, both teams had chances but it would end at 1-0 after 45 minutes.

Both teams made several changes in the second half and Spurs would eventually take the lead. They would tie the match at 1-1 in the 62nd minute as there was poor defense on a corner kick. The Red Bulls failed to clear and Robbie Keane capitalized by volleying it into the back of the net.

The match winning goal would come in the 72nd minute as Gareth Bale would take advantage of another Red Bull defensive lapse. A header back to the goalkeeper was short as Bale was able to get to it quickly and poke it into the back of the net.

Overall, it was a good performance from the Red Bulls but their defensive mistakes cost them too much. Also, Henry only played the first half and they were without their top scorer, Juan Pablo Angel because of an injury.

Man City will not be in contention for 4th, they will be in contention for the title. ...

Nah, 4th at best for City as things stand right now ... and that's only if they get a lot of luck.

Don't be fooled by all the money spent: a collection of expensive players does not a team make, especially when several will have to adapt to the Prem over tiime and one or two of these will probably fail to do so.

Sop everything at Spurs isn't perfect then as you and your manager disagree, he believes money can win it or was he being less than honest (perish the thought) when he said "If I could buy the 4 players I wanted I'd win the league"

Or is it only Man City money which doesn't count?

Answes on a postcard

Sop everything at Spurs isn't perfect then as you and your manager disagree, he believes money can win it or was he being less than honest (perish the thought) when he said "If I could buy the 4 players I wanted I'd win the league"

Or is it only Man City money which doesn't count?

Answes on a postcard

The difference is that Spurs already have a more gelled-together and Prem-adjusted squad than City.

So if Spurs were to bring in additional new players from outside the Prem, they would be joining a more solid base compared to City, who, if they bring in more players from outside the Prem, are adding them to a squad that already contains a fair few first XI players who are either new to the Prem and/or haven't had as much time to gel with their team mates as their equivalent at Spurs.

For example, Silva (if he plays wide attacking left) compared to Bale, or Y.Toure compared to Huddlestone, or Kolarov compared to Ekotto, or Boateng compared to Corluka. In each case these Spurs players are already Prem-adjusted and gelled within the team.

Â