Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modric linked with United today. Any thoughts?

Fergie is an admirer and has been since before he joined Spurs. Now that he is settled in the Prem I think the only barrier to the move would be the fact that United have no money. Which is quite a big barrier.

If Spurs finish 4th - IF - then that will be an additional barrier: Spurs would hardly be willing to to prepare for a CL campaign by selling one of their best players ... and I doubt that Modric would wish to leave anyhow if Spurs finish 4th.

Modric linked with United today. Any thoughts?

Fergie is an admirer and has been since before he joined Spurs. Now that he is settled in the Prem I think the only barrier to the move would be the fact that United have no money. Which is quite a big barrier.

If Spurs finish 4th - IF - then that will be an additional barrier: Spurs would hardly be willing to to prepare for a CL campaign by selling one of their best players ... and I doubt that Modric would wish to leave anyhow if Spurs finish 4th.

Isn't Man Utd buying your best player an annual summer thing though?

I dont think Modric is good enough for United, but if they did come a knocking he would want to go there quicker than a blues player goes to a referee 4th or not.

I dont think Modric is good enough for United, but if they did come a knocking he would want to go there quicker than a blues player goes to a referee 4th or not.

Indeed.

If we get fourth place I'd expect any of our players to be keen to go to Man Utd if the chance was there.

Any Spurs player is no different.

I still don't see why modric is so good, everytime i've watched him i've thought he is just ok, nothing really special about him IMO and i'd be surprised if he ended up at a club like man u.

I used to think bale was useless but i'll admit i'm wrong, looking very much like a quality player at the moment although still not great defensively. Surely with his attributes he should just play left wing all the time.

It's all about opinions, and IF Spurs finish 4th then mine would differ from yours.

Modric would only be one-third of the way into his contract and he would not kick up a fuss about staying at Spurs to compete in CL campaign opportunity that he would have played a big part in creating.

It's all about opinions, and IF Spurs finish 4th then mine would differ from yours.

Modric would only be one-third of the way into his contract and he would not kick up a fuss about staying at Spurs to compete in CL campaign opportunity that he would have played a big part in creating.

Modric would only be one-third of the way into his contract and he would kick up a fuss about staying at Spurs to compete in a CL qualifier before crashing out of the competition at the first hurdle when he could be at Manure in the CL proper.

I'm sorry Glaston, but just as I wish for Milner to stay, the lure of Manchester United for a footballer is one hell of a pull. Modric will very much fancy a move to play for one of the biggest clubs in the WORLD.

Spurs are a decent sized club, and yes, getting in the CL qualifiers is a great card to have, but they, like Villa, like Everton, hell even Man City, are not even near to the global behemoth that is Manchester United.

Modric will be half way up the motorway to Manchester with Milner once Fergie, if he hasn't already, has a word in his ear.

... Modric will be half way up the motorway to Manchester with Milner once Fergie, if he hasn't already, has a word in his ear.

I'm so confident that you're wrong that I'd be willing to bet money on it - with the bet voided if either Spurs don't get 4th place or if it can't be proven beyond reasonable doubt that Man. Utd placed a bid for Modric this summer.

Any takers?

I believe if United came in for Modric or any other Spurs player, they would consider moving even if Spurs make the top 4 and the same applies to Milner. United are on a completely different level to us when trying to get a player in my opinion. If Spurs asked for 30Million plus and United paid, Modric would be in a United shirt no doubt and no Glaston you personally couldn't stop him but saying all that i think Spurs would stop him going anyway.

Question for Spurs fans...

What are your thoughts on Bentley now?

We've been heavily linked with him in the past and to be honest, he's always been a player i've liked and thought would fit in well up here.

Has he been playing centrally or wide right cover for Lennon?

We've been heavily linked with him in the past and to be honest, he's always been a player i've liked and thought would fit in well up here.

He's only played on the right this season, as far as I can remember.

He's been okay. When he first came into the team at the turn of the year he put in a few really good performances, but his form has dipped since then. He's been solid, if unspectacular, in my opinion.

I think he suffers from the same problem Darren Bent had. He doesn't really fit into Spurs' style of play. He has very little pace, so with Lennon out injured, he wasn't able to offer that speed as an attacking threat.

He also looks worse because his best attribute, his crossing, is pretty much void at Spurs. We have nobody that's good in the air, that can score headers on a regular basis. But even despite that, he's still managed to pitch in a few goals and assists this season.

Also, like Bent, I actually thought he would've been an excellent player for Villa. Much more suited to your style of play, I think.

And on a side note, he's a very funny guy. I really enjoy watching his interviews. And that kind of humour and attitude must be good in the dressing room.

He's been playing wide right (not centrally).

His performances in most of his games since the New Year have improved compared to previously, but that's still not saying a great deal since you'd expect an improvement from almost any player given a more regular run of games (which he's gained due to Lennnon's absence). In a couple of games he's been pretty good, but fairly average in the rest.

Â