Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spuds fans remind me of me of someone I know. He's always bragging about how many girls he creeps on successfully at clubs but when he's caught out that he actually hasn't been as successful as he said he has despite overwhelming evidence from a general consensus he will continue to not back down and refuse to accept the evidence of the general consensus beginning to back-track and lie.

btw I'd agree with kurtsimon with his team although I don't rate Corluka very highly... he's too slow and I'd have to have a think about whether I'd have Lennon or Kranjcar on the right. It's quite refreshing that as Villa fans we still compliment spurs and compromise on how good both Villa and spurs players are despite hating spurs, but yet apparently spurs don't hate us but yet they're deluded and stubborn as a mule when it comes to comparing Villa and spurs players and even when the evidence shows that certain Villa players are better than spurs players, they still refuse to accept.

Interesting which club has more players in the premier league team of ths season at present :)

http://www.premierleague.com/page/TeamOfTheSeason/0,,12306,00.html

Maybe a couple of Spurs boys made the B team!

Do you not understand that Actim use a cumulative points system? It's already been pointed out that your best players have missed comparitively few games, compared with those of other clubs. Hence the fact Gabby is ahead of Torres. None of the current team of the season players have played under 2200 mins. But aside from that, the Actim Index is hardly a good way of judging players and as i said earlier i can't imagine the reaction would have been very positive if a Spurs fan had used it to demonstarte our players superiority.

Do you not understand the thread title

It's a HATEFEST

Or do you think by using your own (Spurs) version of a dictionnary this means love in the same waay you don't understand official statistics.

Jeeeeezus, you and Glaston must be fuckbuddies

It's quite refreshing that as Villa fans we still compliment spurs and compromise on how good both Villa and spurs players are despite hating spurs, but yet apparently spurs don't hate us

I'm sorry, but that's complete hypocritical bullshit coming from you.

In the posts I've read of your's you've claimed at some point or other that the following players are crap and/or vastly overrated:

Gomes

Corluka

King

Woodgate

Dawson

Assou-Ekotto

Lennon

Huddlestone

Bentley

Crouch

And those are just the ones I've read and remembered. I'd imagine there are a few more crap Spurs players that I've just not read.

I agree that on the whole, Villa fans judge players on their ability rather than their feelings to the club they're playing for. But you are an exception to that rule.

Oh, and my team between the 2 sides.

(Based on this seasons performances)

Friedel

Corluka

Dawson

Dunne

Warnock

Kranjcar

Milner

Palacios

Young

Agbonlahor

Defoe

Is Young doing well, then? Whenever I've spoken to my Villa mate, he's always slamming Young, saying he's not been the same player this season. Is that not the general consensus?

The rest of your team, if based on this season's performance alone, I'd find it hard to not include Bale, simply because he's pretty much been man-of-the-match in every game he's played in the last three months.

And, to be honest, I'd go with Carew over Agbonlahor based solely on the fact that, whenever I look at Villa's results recently, Carew always seems to be on the scoresheet.

True, but then you have to factor in the three months of the season where Carew will be injured, and the three months of the season where Carew wont be interested in running. He is the most frustrating player because he is woefully inconsistent.

Friedel

Corluka

Dawson

Dunne

Warnock

Kranjcar

Milner

Palacios

Young

Agbonlahor

Defoe

Is Young doing well, then? Whenever I've spoken to my Villa mate, he's always slamming Young, saying he's not been the same player this season. Is that not the general consensus?

The rest of your team, if based on this season's performance alone, I'd find it hard to not include Bale, simply because he's pretty much been man-of-the-match in every game he's played in the last three months.

And, to be honest, I'd go with Carew over Agbonlahor based solely on the fact that, whenever I look at Villa's results recently, Carew always seems to be on the scoresheet.

He's been decent/good for most of the season, although looks avrage because of other season performances where he was brilliant, although last couple months, he's really turned it on.

Spuds fans remind me of me of someone I know. He's always bragging about how many girls he creeps on successfully at clubs but when he's caught out that he actually hasn't been as successful as he said he has despite overwhelming evidence from a general consensus he will continue to not back down and refuse to accept the evidence of the general consensus beginning to back-track and lie.

btw I'd agree with kurtsimon with his team although I don't rate Corluka very highly... he's too slow and I'd have to have a think about whether I'd have Lennon or Kranjcar on the right. It's quite refreshing that as Villa fans we still compliment spurs and compromise on how good both Villa and spurs players are despite hating spurs, but yet apparently spurs don't hate us but yet they're deluded and stubborn as a mule when it comes to comparing Villa and spurs players and even when the evidence shows that certain Villa players are better than spurs players, they still refuse to accept.

This is such BS. This constant air of superiority that some of the Villa posters have on here is just getting boring. I'm not sure a Spurs fan has even put forward a suggestion for a joint team in this thread. And I don't see any evidence of our fans being stubborn or deluded when it comes to comparing Villa and Spurs players. Where is the evidence that shows certain Villa players are better than Spurs players, which we have refused to accept? And if you can point this out, I bet I can find more examples of the Villa fans in this thread refusing to accept similar evidence that Spurs players are better.

The Actim index was brought up by Villa fans in this thread and though I think it's nonsense, once Villa fans realise it's done on cumulative data, I think they'll be shocked by the results. For example, using the Actim Index, compare Gomes and Friedal based on time played (a much fairer comparison) and I think it will suggest that Gomes is better. I don't think Actim has much value, but for some reason, some posters here do. Yet the Actim Index contradicts what they are saying. It's the same with the Castrol Index, which is done on averages, rather than cumulutive and in general Spurs players fair much better. Based on these types of rating systems and other stats such as goals against, goals scored, chances created, chances conceded, tackles and passes etc, it's hard to find an objective agrument for the inclusion of more than 3 or 4 Villa players. It's even harder when you consider that Surs fans see less of them, as I pointed out earlier.

You claim Spurs fans ignore evidence that Villa players are better, yet most Villa fans in this thread have put more Villa players in their team than Spurs players. I'm not criticising Villa fans in general for this and it's perfectly normal to have a bias towards your own players and fans of all clubs will be the same, but i don't see why you have this delusional idea in your head that Villa fans are more objective and Spurs fans more biased towards their own players. The evidence intnis thread

This is such BS. This constant air of superiority that some of the Villa posters have on here is just getting boring.

May I just remind you this is a Villa forum and while opposition fans are welcome nobody is forcing you to be here, so if you don't like it you know what you can do.

I'd rather opposition fans stick around personally they offer an alternative point of view but please stop taking the moral high ground and calling peoples opinions boring or BS>

Thanks

This is such BS. This constant air of superiority that some of the Villa posters have on here is just getting boring. I'm not sure a Spurs fan has even put forward a suggestion for a joint team in this thread. And I don't see any evidence of our fans being stubborn or deluded when it comes to comparing Villa and Spurs players. Where is the evidence that shows certain Villa players are better than Spurs players, which we have refused to accept? And if you can point this out, I bet I can find more examples of the Villa fans in this thread refusing to accept similar evidence that Spurs players are better.

This isn't COYS if you haven't noticed. It's a VILLA forum, hence the opinions.

Friedel

Corluka

Dawson

Dunne

Warnock

Kranjcar

Milner

Palacios

Young

Agbonlahor

Defoe

Ashley has been doing well, yes. There's a difference between him doing badly and not being at his 07/08 form. He's still one of our best players, it's just that he's not at the top of his game.

Warnock has started about 28 games for us this season and been great in about 25. Bale has started 11. Maybe it's because you haven't seen Warnock play much, I don't know, but he's better defensively than Bale anyway. Most of Bale's praise is because he's so good getting forward.

Carew has had 2 good months where he's been scoring. Agbonlahor has been playing well for pretty much the whole season.

I think it's a case of things that've been happening recently are what people remember. Because picking Bale over Warnock or Carew over Agbonlahor certainly suggests this. The first 6 months of the season it was a no contest between the 4 players mentioned.

Though the fact I haven't included the almighty 2 month wonder Gareth Bale in the team probably means I'm a stubborn Villa fan ignoring the facts because 'on average' Bale gets a higher rating or whatever. *insert rolleyeyes smiley here*

Why are all Spuds fans pricks?

That's not the start of a joke or anything, I just wonder.

Bollocks, all fans can be pricks. Our fans on here seem to hate Spurs, I don't understand it to be honest.

Â