Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bassong is off aswell so with Woodgate and King still crocked, means Corluka at CB in the near future.

Spurs's next three are Fulham and Liverpool away and West Ham at home.

I expect them to beat West Ham but if they can get even one win from those two away games, then I'll seriously consider them having a chance of 4th.

Completely agree. But I also hope it's not Man City that finishes fourth because otherwise, nothing will change. City will take Liverpool's place and they'll continue to spend a crap ton of money on even better players and end up a Champion's League mainstay like Chelsea. Meaning, the other teams will have to settle for being "the best of the rest" and hope that another team, likely Arsenal, start to decline in the same way as Liverpool.

Whereas, if a team like Villa were to finish 4th, it'll give them a bigger reputation across Europe, which'll help them attract better players, which in turn makes them a better team, yet at the same time not being significantly superior to be guaranteed a top four place next year, which makes the league more competitive.

This season has been great so far for that reason. Chelsea will have the League won easily in my opinion. But, with half of the season gone there are only four points separating 2nd-5th place and all of a sudden every game we play bears a lot more significance.

I'm just loving it, to be honest. And long may it continue.

Hear hear (Edit :oops: )

Well said there mate, i agree.

Trent you didn`t spell THAT wrong did you :lol:

Completely agree. But I also hope it's not Man City that finishes fourth because otherwise, nothing will change. City will take Liverpool's place and they'll continue to spend a crap ton of money on even better players and end up a Champion's League mainstay like Chelsea. Meaning, the other teams will have to settle for being "the best of the rest" and hope that another team, likely Arsenal, start to decline in the same way as Liverpool.

Whereas, if a team like Villa were to finish 4th, it'll give them a bigger reputation across Europe, which'll help them attract better players, which in turn makes them a better team, yet at the same time not being significantly superior to be guaranteed a top four place next year, which makes the league more competitive.

This season has been great so far for that reason. Chelsea will have the League won easily in my opinion. But, with half of the season gone there are only four points separating 2nd-5th place and all of a sudden every game we play bears a lot more significance.

I'm just loving it, to be honest. And long may it continue.

Hear hear (Edit :oops: )

Well said there mate, i agree.

Trent you didn`t spell THAT wrong did you :lol:

To my shame, yes.

Puts the Christmas party into some kind of perspective.

Had a text of my Rovers mate. Said Spurs weren't great at all today, just stole the win. Bit like us I suppose. They're keeping the pressure on us, even if Liverpool aren't.

It's for Spurs and Villa to lose (4th spot).

Nah, we didn't play particularly great football. But it's kind of hard to do so when the other team's sole tactic seems to be to kick the crap out of every player on the pitch until they no longer want to receive the ball.

Still, it was a good, important win against the kind of team we normally really struggle against. And two consecutive clean sheets is a decent accomplishment, which is quite pathetic when we're challenging for the top four. I suppose it shows just how important it is to have a settled, consistent back line for a change.

I agree about the 4th place challenge. It looks to be only between Spurs and Villa at the moment. Although I'd actually go one further and say it was between Arsenal, Spurs and Villa for 3rd-4th as I don't think Arsenal are too much further in front of the other teams in terms of first team quality or squad depth.

With regards to the news about Redknapp; we all knew there was something dodgy with him. Although I doubt anything big will come of it. He'll pay whatever money is needed, given a slap on the wrist and it'll be over. As long as he's been clean since he's been at Spurs, which I imagine Levy would've been extra careful about about, and it doesn't have a negative effect on the club then I'll continue to support the ugly, bent bastard. :D

A Spurs fan that talks sense.

Aye mate, I agree Arsenal aren't out the mix either. It's a bit annoying they getting talked about in terms of the title, but I suppose Wenger has earnt that right? It's very interesting at the top, I hope Spurs and Villa can keep it up. We need someone to break that top 4 this season. I'm not falling out of love with the game, but in ways I am. I'm not sure I can be bothered with the same old shit every season anymore. Football is an expensive 'hobby' these days. It's especially expensive when you know what you're gonna get at the end of it - 5th or 6th place. The top 4 needs to be shaken up for sure. Personally I don't care who does it as long as someone does.

I disagree - I think Arsenal are a better side than Man Utd - top 2 this year will be them and Chelsea, United in third and (hopefully!) the claret and blue in 4th.

Arsenal have 2 games in hand remember - and they really do have a lot of quality - they're able to win against teams playing dirty now too - as their recent crushing of Stoke shows.

I disagree - I think Arsenal are a better side than Man Utd - top 2 this year will be them and Chelsea, United in third and (hopefully!) the claret and blue in 4th.

Arsenal have 2 games in hand remember - and they really do have a lot of quality - they're able to win against teams playing dirty now too - as their recent crushing of Stoke shows.

Arsenal have one game in hand mate.

Personally I think Utd have far more in the tank than Arsenal and will pull away from them again once they have their defenders back.

In any case this is supposed to be a thread about Spurs and then rocket polisher of a manager.

Guest Ricardomeister

SSN said that Bassong is not in the Cameroon squad for the African nations so it looks like they will only lose Assou-Ekotto.

SSN said that Bassong is not in the Cameroon squad for the African nations so it looks like they will only lose Assou-Ekotto.

Ya strange considering they have the likes of Rigobert song and Bikey in the squad. but then I don't really know the goings on in the Cameroon squad.

Ya strange considering they have the likes of Rigobert song and Bikey in the squad. but then I don't really know the goings on in the Cameroon squad.

Harry probably slipped them a few quid not to take him.

Q for the Spurs fans: What is your preferred result tomorrow? A Villa win gives you a better chance of finishing above your neighbours for the first time in a while, while an Arsenal win or a draw gives you a better chance of a first top 4 finish in quite a while.

Â