LC: Sunderland a Match Thread 2009/10/27 19:45

herefordvillan

Should we go all out for this or allow a rest for some players?

I would go for:

Guzan

Young

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Sidwell

NRC

Delph

Milner

Heskey

Gabby or Young or Albrighton (depending on fitness etc.)

With a bench of:

Friedel

Cuellar

Shorey

Albrighton/Young/Gabby

Albrighton/Young/Gabby

Petrov

Carew

What do you reckon?

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id rest some players, else we'll just burn out or suffer injuries. Could be a good chance for Luke Young, would also start Heskey and probably Shorey. Delph should start and maybe Craig Gardener should play a part. Id also play Cueller in the centre. We've spent a lot of money on a squad, lets use it

id rest some players, else we'll just burn out or suffer injuries. Could be a good chance for Luke Young, would also start Heskey and probably Shorey. Delph should start and maybe Craig Gardener should play a part. Id also play Cueller in the centre. We've spent a lot of money on a squad, lets use it

totally agree with you on that. sunderland have just lost cattermole too which has got to be a good thing for us.

Totally agree with 'daft.' We are not good enough yet to rest key players against one of our main rivals this season. However, against Wolves i would rest Sidwell for Reo-Coker, Dunne for Cuellar and play Luke Young at RB. I would also keep Gabby on the bench and play Carew up front on his own with maybe Delph in an attacking role of a midfield five. Should still be enough to beat Wolves and allow us to rest some players.

well when the likes of ash and milner are knackered come march and we fade in the league only to get overtaken by the likes of fulham or sunderland we may look back think that maybe it was better to rotate the squad a bit rather than burn them out in the league cup.

Why rest our best players against a good team that is fighting us at the moment for a top six position at the moment? surely we should rest key players if we have to against wolves!?

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that it's a league cup game, not a league game hence the suggested team changes.

I think the league cup is our best chance of a trophy this season. We went out of Europe very early, so we can afford to give the contest everything we've got. Sixth won't be easy this year and this gives us a good chance of Europe. I really hope we give it the strongest side we can.

I will be gutted if the best team doesn't play both the Wolves and Sunderland game to be honest. Bar possibly Guzan and L.Young coming in for the league cup match.

Why change a winning team? The only change I would even consider making at this stage would be to put Reo-Coker back in for Carew, who isnt quite firing yet. L.Young will presumably be back in for Cuellar in the next couple of weeks.

The Wolves game is now the biggest game of the season, we can't fall behind Man City and Spurs, even at this early stage. The Chelsea result will count for nothing if we muck up this weekend.

The Wolves game is now the biggest game of the season, we can't fall behind Man City and Spurs, even at this early stage. The Chelsea result will count for nothing if we muck up this weekend.

There are loads of biggest games to come, as we quite often loose out on valuble points against clubs like this....

IIRC we came away with one point against Stoke last season.

But the point you made is certainly quite valid.

our best 11 cant play every game, as proved last season. people really shouldnt under estimate wolves, the league is our priority. therefore rest players against Sunderland, they will almost certainly do the same. Im not saying bring in kids, im saying bring in Young, Shorey, NRC, Delph, Heskey. Probably about £30m of lerners money there.

I hope the club don't take any cup match lightly, we might not put out our 100% strongest team but I really don't hope that MON just sticks out a complete reserve side - especially for all the fans making the effort to go.

Assuming Luke Young is back to full fitness

----------------Guzan------------------

L Young---Collins---Clarke---Warnock

Albrighton---NRC---Delph---A Young

--------Delfouneso---Carew------------

Subs: Marshall, Baye, Petrov, Dunne, Gabby, Heskey, Milner

---------------Guzan

L Young --- Cuellar --- Clark---- Warnock

Albrighton --- NRC----Delph---- Sidwell ----- A Young

--------------------Carew----------

for me, with Delfouneso and Heskey getting some game time late on.