• Angel
    • Dublin
    • Carew
    • Crouch
    • Gabby
    • Baros
    • Phillips
    • Vassell

Only 2 months until the end of the year. Time to pick a best of the 00's Villa XI... I've come up with a list of whom I believe to be the main candidates. (The person you pick should ideally be somebody who excelled post 2000, rather than excelled previously and crossed over into post 2000) So who was our best STRIKER from 2000 to now?? Only run it for 4 days... Team so far is...

Fridel

Delaney

Laursen

Mellberg

Bouma

Milner

Barry

Merson

Young

if baros gets in the side it's a travesty. Angel, was a quality player, who again, suffered from being surrounded by crap. Now he's not as good as strikers who can create chances for themselves, fine, but he was an excellent finisher.

edit: Dublin for me btw.

i agree that on his day carew is the best by miles, but the fact that his day seems to be not as often as id like then im not sure i find him frustrating, as for angel for that one season he was great would of liked to have seen him play with young and jimmy, and dion for one memory alone always makes me smile, as well as the arsenal game, what year did we get nilis? i was very excited when we got him, scored a belter then got injured

my vote goes to gabby, often looks knackered and not bothered but i think he's a very good young talent who gets far too much stick on here

Angel for me he played in a dreadful team with midfielders like Hendrie and McCann and still got a decent total. Put David Villa in that team and he would struggle

Angel is a Marcus Stewart, a Michael Ricketts, a Benny McCarthy, a Kevin Doyle, a Michael Bridges......just with a fancy name and good PR.

Angel did play in front of a midfield which had Barry, Solano and Hendrie, two very good players and one good one on his day.

Â