• Angel
    • Dublin
    • Carew
    • Crouch
    • Gabby
    • Baros
    • Phillips
    • Vassell

Angel for me he played in a dreadful team with midfielders like Hendrie and McCann and still got a decent total. Put David Villa in that team and he would struggle

Angel is a Marcus Stewart, a Michael Ricketts, a Benny McCarthy, a Kevin Doyle, a Michael Bridges......just with a fancy name and good PR.

Angel did play in front of a midfield which had Barry, Solano and Hendrie, two very good players and one good one on his day.

Barry was quite poor during the DOL reign and Solano only played for 18 months which Angel wasnt really fit in his 2nd season.

To compare him to them players is laughable. Angle was a regular in one of the top attacks in the world before he joined Villa with Saviola, Aimar and Ortega so he was no flash in the pan

Barry was quite poor during the DOL reign and Solano only played for 18 months which Angel wasnt really fit in his 2nd season.

To compare him to them players is laughable. Angle was a regular in one of the top attacks in the world before he joined Villa with Saviola, Aimar and Ortega so he was no flash in the pan

The other three made it one of the top attacks in the world, not Angel.

The south american clubs are feeder clubs for europe really. It's telling that one joined Barca, two joined Valencia and Angel joined us.

Angel for me he played in a dreadful team with midfielders like Hendrie and McCann and still got a decent total. Put David Villa in that team and he would struggle

Angel is a Marcus Stewart, a Michael Ricketts, a Benny McCarthy, a Kevin Doyle, a Michael Bridges......just with a fancy name and good PR.

Angel did play in front of a midfield which had Barry, Solano and Hendrie, two very good players and one good one on his day.

Can't agree at all. Angel was a quality forward and it's quite incredible that he got over 20 goals in a season, especially when you consider the team around him. When you consider Rooney - and the team he has around him as support - has only got more than 20 goals once in his career (and has the added help of playing more games by being in the CL) what Angel did that year is massively under-rated in my opinion.

He's far better than any of those names you mentioned.

The south american clubs are feeder clubs for europe really. It's telling that one joined Barca, two joined Valencia and Angel joined us.

I think that's a pretty poor way to compare. A player that fails at Valencia is better than a player that succeeds at Villa? Just because he plays for them? Not sure how that works.

Dion broke his neck in December 1999. He was never the same player when he returned from that awful injury.

ooops.

in which case, i change my vote to Angel.

But i can't :(

I'm rubbish on the whole timeline bit - thought dubbers was very much post 2000 - seems he wasn't.

Angel and gabby for me then.

Dublin for me, just ahead of Angel. Didn't realise Dublin got that injury that early. So he got all his legend status that so many put on him in almost exactly one year? Nah, he was still good after that, surely?

Dion broke his neck in December 1999. He was never the same player when he returned from that awful injury.

ooops.

in which case, i change my vote to Angel.

But i can't :(

I'm rubbish on the whole timeline bit - thought dubbers was very much post 2000 - seems he wasn't.

Angel and gabby for me then.

I agree that Dublin wasn't the same after his injury, his goalscoring record when he first signed was amazing.

A good way to remember is that Dublin's comeback was to slot home the winning penalty against Bolton in the Semi Final of the FA Cup. It is best then to forget the Cup Final of 2000.

Â