PL: Man City h 2009/10/05 20:00 Match Thread

limpid

First opportunity I've had to see the Villa on a full screen this season. Warnock, Dunne, Collins are a wonderful surprise package together, very happy with the defense overall. Still think the midfield could do better, but can't fault the work rate.

It will take me a while to get the bad taste of that dive by Young out of my mouth, though. It's one thing to flop on a light touch, it's quite another to give up on an open scoring opportunity in the box so you can try to deceive the ref.

We neec another as they will have a least one more serious chance! Excellent so far, where are those guys who were slitting their wrists over signing Dunne and Collins? Hmmmmmm! Who are ya!!

i may have been a bit skeptical over signing collins as i hadnt seen much of him or known much but always knew the cookie monster was an awesome defender as i now have him for club aswel as country........another Mcgrath in the making??!!!!!

Anyone sum up how it's gone so far?

City had about 60% of possession but Villa have pressed them very hard. Tevez hit 2 or 3 shots from ~20- yards that have gone to row Z. A couple of hairy moment but mostly been kept at bay. Villa's goal was a great towering header from a corner. Villa ot really had any other clear cut chances although have looked dangerous attacking the final third of the pitch