PL: Man City h 2009/10/05 20:00 Match Thread

limpid

Good game, fair result.

City struggled to get into space despite having periods of possesion. We often looked a threat, and a better second half than first.

Collins won everything in the air, bar three or four headers. Dunne was very organized, as his goal showed, power in the perfect place.

Ashley was not good tonight, his crossing was bad, and I`d have expected a little more contribution from his side, despite being a marked man.

Gabby was top, his running and body language showed just why he is in the national squad.

Cuellar was also good on the tackle, sometimes let down by his heading of the ball.

Glad to see NRC finally return, even though the contribution he put in was sub optimal, but still, he was in there.

I thought a bit more of Sidwell than a few posters here, but it is all opinion, so no need to quarrel about it.

As mentioned, a fair result from a good game. Nothing to be ashamed of, and really no grounds for the gloom and doom prophecies here.

I'm fuming. We won't be going anywhere any time soon if we play that negatively. Shocking second half after the first 10 minutes of it. Pleased with work rate but there's no need to have JC standing on the edge of our own area after 55 minutes till his subbed. Trying to play out injury time for the draw rather than going for the win at home. Very disappointed with the second half to be honest and the result.

:|

A fair result on reflection and there's plenty of positives to take into playing Chelscum at home in a couple of weeks time. As I said before the match, Citeh are incredibly poor defending from set-pieces and as a defensive unit they don't look stable considering they've spent an abusrd amount on Mr Overrated and Kolo Toure. We played fantastic first-half but were not as tight in midfield and defence as we were in the first-half and their goal was a reault of mental tiredness but I won't moan, they probably just about deserved to score.

Again with the 4-4-2 formation... it worked for a period in the first-half but we did not look as much a threat going foward in the second-half. Carew didn't have a good game again and I think we should revret back to the 4-5-1 because we look so much better going foward which is not the same case with the 4-4-2.

Good draw and a better performance and result than I expected... but bringing on that useless excuse of a footballer has not changed unfortunately.