PL: sha a 2009/09/13 Match Thread 12:00

limpid

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ricardomeister

The second half will be a lot more open as players tire. I would probably settle for a point to be honest as I have a nasty feeling that Benitez will cause us lots of problems. Hopefully Carew can do the same for us as their defence could not handle Crouch a couple of weeks ago.

My thoughts are as of the commentators, as well as a majority of you i'm sure:

"Villa have been very poor with the ball"

"Theyve got the pace, but just two direct for me"

"I've been surprised at how easily Villa have given away the ball in key areas"

"strange selection for me really, why does he have two holding midfielders, yet has there most creative CM in behind them?"

"They want to break into that top four, is this the kind of football of a top for team? For me...no"

"Nigel Reo Coker wins the ball, get's a break and passes it to nobody"

"They're lacking creativity through the middle, there no supply for the creative outlets or striker"

"Villa can't keep possesion"

"Seem to just be going sideways and backwards needlessly"

"Has to be said Birmingham have played the better football but just havent gotten that breakthrough"

I SAY :yawn:

WHAT THE **** IS NEW???!!!

so all of a sudden we need to go to 4-4-2 again?? thought 4-5-1 was the only way we could possibly play and that MON was a clueless tool for trying 4-4-2. Funny game eh?!

Well when we have someone as shite as Sidwell as one of the five in midfield, we might aswell play four their anyway....

Our defense seems very solid except from a few blips obviously due to players not knowing eachothers well enough yet. But our midfield is close to non-existent, credit to blues, they're aggressive and doesn't give us any space. Must say I hate all those backpasses and lumpings. Give Gabby balls to chase on the ground, not in the air!

Though, whan all is said and done, Villa always looked more likely to score. Just give us a little more space and we will walk over them.

Two 4-5-1's cancelling each other out. I'd be happy with a draw but maybe our extra class will show in the next 45? We've had all the best chances and we're not playing particularly well. Defence has played very well, Dunne looks excellent - love the way he's shouting at the other players and organising them, we've really missed that.

Dunno how I feel about the first half. A very workmanlike performance from the Blues seems to be enough to boss the midfield, but they dont appear to have another gear to go into like we do. If any of their central midfield players (especially Lee Bowyer) could run then they would be a much more dangerous side.

We have conceded a lot of territory and possession, but we have had the best chances and looked like the side more likely to create something out of nothing. The Blues might be relying on set pieces or forcing a mistake. I think the longer the game goes on the more it will open up, which is probably good for us.

yep, i agree.

we are equal, but they are playing in 5th gear, whilst we are just cruising in 3rd gear.

hopefully we move up a gear or two in the second half.

Pretty forgettable performance, Blues stifle us well and the new back line aren't keen to be adventurous given they don't know each other so it's out to the wings or hoof constantly, which is making the Blues job even easier.

And Mark Bright need's a bullet to the forehead, or failing that a gag.

"They want to break into that top four, is this the kind of football of a top for team? For me...no"

I'm not going to say we will finish in the op four, however this is such a lashing statement from a commentator. I mean, we beat Liverpool recently, plus Hull outplayed Chelsea yesterday and were unlucky. They didn't play the sort of football that gets top four, so go figure....

Guest Ricardomeister

I would bring on Carew for Sidwell or Petrov, move Gabby out wide as we need his pace and he can hopefully also support Carew where needed, and then alternate Ash and Milner in a free role to try and find them some space.