EL: Rapid Vienna h 2009/08/27 Ratings & Reactions

mwj

I'm gutted. I really am. I was planning some more European trips this season (after Hamburg last season). However, it's not the end of the world, no choice but to keep our heads up, crack on with things. FA Cup win for me.

weve got no excuses if we dont perform in the league

might be a good thing in the long run

On the positive side; this.

Yep. For some reason I'm really not that fussed about the Europa League. MON would probably have ended playing a weakened team again and we'd have played an extra 10 or so games before the knock out stage.

Also, some positives.... Carlos - fantastic performance, Ash - Looking sharp again, Milner - looked good most of the match, Delph - his potential is obvious, he will be great for us. We actually played some lovely football - just lost it at the end.

Deserved to win, did enough to win but in cup football with away goals anything could happen and it did. We won the game but should have sealed it up at 2-0 ahead, failed and that **** us. It's football, it happens and I expect nothing but overreaction, baiting, petty points scoring and unfair scapegoating in 5..4..3..2..1.....

When was the last time we had a clean sheet in a competitive game? We must have the worst defensive record in the league for keeping clean sheets. Hopefully we haven't put Dunne off as we badly need a no-nonsense type defender. Gutted.

Any decent side who gets far in europe knows how to retain possession and if behind in a tie will use that possession to maximize their chances of pulling through.

To us, the ball just becomes a hot potato. We're simply just not good enough.

I am relatively happy we have been knocked out.

Upto 15 less games to play with our smaller squad, we can focus fully on the league and the FA & League cups. We have a much better chance of a top four finish now (however unlikely) than we did with Europa football.

So, as much as it hurts at the moment to get knocked out, I think this season it is for the best. :|

don't really know what to say.

our defence was poor, conceding twice in two games against a poor Vienna team. Except Cuellar who was very good at times.

our strikers are rubbish (except Carew).

Milner was excellent, Young & Delph were decent.

MON was very poor. It seems he's just afraid of making substitions, and doesn't know what those extra players on that bench are for.