O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Tool is an instrument of some sort, so I guess penis might fit into that.

Back on topic. MON needs to be given at least two more seasons. Minimum. Provided we aren't relegated or he looses the dressing room. That is doing things the right way with a good manager at the helm. Even if that means taking a step backwards performance wise.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reading over this thread, one of the main points from the lads that want MON out is that this isn't just the result of the loss to Wigan, but the poor end to last season. So how come there wasn't any MON out threads over the summer, why not at the end of last season? This one defeat can't have changed your opinion that much, this is why it screams over-reaction to me.

Because the fans has given MON the benefit to have a go at the summer to strengthen the team. He hasnt done that in a way that fans are happy with...together with this his tactics are way off the mark and he also has got a team playing a very unattractive game.

It is many things on few areas that make you feel that it is enough...

Thy've given him the summer to strengthen.. yet they're calling for his head while it's still the summer. It still screams over-reaction, to me.

Overreaction just because you want to call it that...

It has looked like this for more than six months now. We still have issues about our squad that we have had for more than two seasons now.

That is not an overreaction...it is time catching up with MON.

Overreaction just because you want to call it that...

It has looked like this for more than six months now. We still have issues about our squad that we have had for more than two seasons now.

That is not an overreaction...it is time catching up with MON.

If it wasn't an over-reaction over 1 game, there would have been more about it before. Some people with less patience would have been calling fo rhim to be out towards the end of last summer, or during the summer. but the fact is there wasn't, it's all came out after this one game. I wouldn't call it an over-reaction if I didn't think it was.

This is going to be the hardest season of MON's reign and whether we like it or not we are going to have a fight on our hands to get top 8.

The top 4 are, well they are the top 4

Man City, spent ridiculous money

Everton will no doubt have a solid season as per usual

Tottenham, if their form since redknapp arrived is anything to go by they will be consistent for the first time in a few years

Not to mention the threat of sunderland, fulham, west ham and possibly wigan?

There are only so many top 6 places to go around and most of the teams mentioned above will feel they can achieve one of those places.

If we slipped out of the top 8 or top 10 I wouldn't sack MON as succesful teams don't do that at the first hint of trouble. A manager does not become bad overnight, yes MON makes decisons that baffle everyone and he is rubbish in the transfer market but those methods have got us two top 6 finishes after a few years of being in the dumps. To restore us back to the top 6 positions was no easy feat given the state of the

squad and the challenge from other teams. OK he has spent a lot of money and it probably could have been spent better in places, but if anyone else thinks many other managers could have secured 2 top 6 finishes after the shambles we were in after the ellis/DOL days then I can't comprehend that.

I think O'Neil will walk when he feels he has taken us as far as he can, when that will be, who knows?

Ok, thank you for my warnings. I still maintain I wasn't posting for effect nor directing 'personal' insults at anyone. I do, however, continue to be angered by the idea that any Villa fan can legitimately believe that getting rid of O'Neill at this point is in the best interests of the club. Regardless of the result of our first match of this season's Premiership campaign, forcing O'Neill out would almost certainly leave us vulnerable to losing the young English spine of our team which I believe would be cataclysmic, therefore I believe that anyone angling for this outcome is wrong.

Three days ago, I said stay, but it wouldnt take a lot for me to say go.

Thats happened so my vote wont show in the go - but it is.

I cannot believe MON actually said "I didn't know we used less players than the others"

That comment to me beggars belief, I cannot believe the guy said it.

On top of the "the players looked tired" and other comments along the way, coupled with the performances

All leads me to believe the guy has lost it

Some people are gonna have a go at me now, but I question anybody to defend that comment today.

Ok, thank you for my warnings. I still maintain I wasn't posting for effect nor directing 'personal' insults at anyone. I do, however, continue to be angered by the idea that any Villa fan can legitimately believe that getting rid of O'Neill at this point is in the best interests of the club. Regardless of the result of our first match of this season's Premiership campaign, forcing O'Neill out would almost certainly leave us vulnerable to losing the young English spine of our team which I believe would be cataclysmic, therefore I believe that anyone angling for this outcome is wrong.

Name me a single other Villa manager who has been forced out by the fans - it just doesn't happen.

When we've changed managers in the past, when has it lead to all our best players following them?

I think he should stay until we win the League.

Really.

I understand there are many criticisms from those who think he should go, but I would just tackle one of them. A losing sequence as we have had since February always looks bad, just as a winning sequence always looks good. Both are misleading as to where a team is at.

Name me a single other Villa manager who has been forced out by the fans - it just doesn't happen.

When we've changed managers in the past, when has it lead to all our best players following them?

Questioning your reasoning, can I ask wher this "young English Spine" is:-

Coz that to me reads , Cueller Davies .......Delph , Petrov......Heskey, Gabby

Personally, if we lose that "spine" I won't be bothered in the slightest !

In fact, since February , I would describe the team as "spineless" in more ways than one.

And therein lies the difference between O'Neill and managers we've had in the past - were O'Neill to go before January I am convinced (of course I may be wrong) that Ashley Young would follow him. Players have repeatedly cited O'Neill as their reason for joining or wishing to stay at the club.

Wolves Beat Wigan! Get Mon OUT NOW! :yawn:

Wolves actually have what appears to be a very good midfielder in the bloke call Milijas, who was the captain of his team (for 3 million). I never really knew anything about him to be honest but when i saw the speculation (we were also linked) i was wondering if it would be another case of foreign player escaped becaused of O'neill being "cautious". I will repeat i didnt know anything about him, but i'd rather have spunked 3 million on him than Heskey or HAREWOOD!!! Watch him have a stormer of a season and his value shoot up thus being unattainable to us IMO. Against West Ham Wolves actually played some very good stuff with him being the one pulling all the string and having some very dangerous shots.

All IMO, but this is just one example of how uncreative i see MON as being.sigh. :|

In fact, since February , I would describe the team as "spineless" in more ways than one.

Um, as far as I'm aware Cueller is Spanish and Petrov Bulgarian. Heskey although not past it isn't young.

I was refering to the likes of Gabby, Young and yes, believe it or not, Davies.

Wolves actually have what appears to be a very good midfielder in the bloke call Milijas, who was the captain of his team (for 3 million). I never really knew anything about him to be honest but when i saw the speculation (we were also linked) i was wondering if it would be another case of foreign player escaped becaused of O'neill being "cautious". I will repeat i didnt know anything about him, but i'd rather have spunked 3 million on him than Heskey or HAREWOOD!!! Watch him have a stormer of a season and his value shoot up thus being unattainable to us IMO. Against West Ham Wolves actually played some very good stuff with him being the one pulling all the string and having some very dangerous shots.

All IMO, but this is just one example of how uncreative i see MON as being.sigh. :|

MON seems to just be getting battered with every stick imaginable on here.

Why just MON? there are 19 other managers in the prem who never signed him, there must be a reason?

EDIT Also have you made that example from seeing him in ONE game on MOTD?

Why just MON? there are 19 other managers in the prem who never signed him, there must be a reason?

Well since a player can only sign for ONE team at a time, there will always be 19 other managers who didn't sign a player. What's your point? :lol:

Um, as far as I'm aware Cueller is Spanish and Petrov Bulgarian. Heskey although not past it isn't young.

I was refering to the likes of Gabby, Young and yes, believe it or not, Davies.

So that isn't the spine - that is the "English players", so reasoning again.

And we really have to go well into gagaland here coz it would have to rely on is thinking MON could actually spot a player abroad.

So we do sell Young for 25m (and personally - I'd snap their hand off before they could get the credit card out the wallet) , and find a "Palacios , or a Valencia , or a Rodageligigiligo (just for DDID) like that mighty club Wigan have, for a million or less

Would you complain ?

I think the last few weeks (Holland and Wigan) have proved Young has been found out. Totally one footed, just dont allow him on his right, and you've got him.

At this moment, and I have changed my mind because I didnt like him at first. the only English youngster I'd be unhappy to let go is Milner (and I am not even going to credit MON with that one)

Well since a player can only sign for ONE team at a time, there will always be 19 other managers who didn't sign a player. What's your point? :lol:

What I am saying is there must be a reason why a lot better teams than Wolves did not want him?

Please answer my edit in original post aswell.

never in a million years should he go, one game in!!

we had a bad day at the office but he is one of the best managers in the game and will get it right.

the impatience of some villa supporters is unbelievable!

What I am saying is there must be a reason why a lot better teams than Wolves did not want him?

Please answer my edit in original post aswell.

To be fair he probably mentioned Milijas as we was linked with him!

Â