• Go

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this,

Stay or go with no idea of who to replace

Stay - 1 game FFS

I think many know who they want but are afraid to tell on this forum because of certain elements...

Mancini,hodgson,jol.

I would be happy with any of those,But i don`t want o`neill to go,it is a silly and idiotic idea that it is even anywhere near that stage.

If a lot of the fans on here were in charge we would be newcastle,Signing "big names" sacking the manager every five minutes and getting nowhere.

There is no point in getting rid now.

After 2 consecutive top 6 finishes he deserves the chance to conclude his business this window and see what he can do this season.

If he doesn't get it right then next summer is the time to start thinking about getting rid.

Stay, for me.

he has earn't the right to be allowed to turn things around, and to do it his way.

If we're in the doo-doo in 3-4 months time, then maybe time to go, but certainly not now.

That would be crazy, IMO.

let him prove many of us wrong, I say.

I love this,

Stay or go with no idea of who to replace

Stay - 1 game FFS

You're right, I have no idea at this time.

But if they let me sift the applications for job of manager of Aston Villa I will produce them a short-list of 5 very accomplished candidates

I will say stay for now, BUT he needs a bollocking, i just hope Randy is the type of man to do it. The preparations for this season has been appalling.

That's total bollocks I'm afraid the squad has had an excellent pre-season and was playing really well. It was looking like we were going to beat Wigan easily and perhaps that was the problem. After dispatching top Italian sides the players got over confident and that is why MON dragged them back in for a bollocking.

I assume there for when you say 'preparations' you are only really talking about transfers again... Which again is a total red-herring our starting 11 against Wigan should have been easily good enough to see them off especially at home. We have made 2 excellent signings so far in this transfer window in Downing and Delph and I'm sure we will see a defender come in to take the vacant number 5 shirt.

Get a grip folks. We have lost the first game of the season and the over reaction on this site is totally hysterical.

our starting 11 against Wigan should have been easily good enough to see them off especially at home.

Hmmm.

a young lad from 2 leagues below making his competitive debut, with only 1 friendy under his belt.

his CM partner was a player who had missed much of pre season with an injury.

our centre half was playing whilst injured.

our left back is shit and does not have the confidence of his manager.

our right back was making his debut and had not played with any of the players before.

not good, that, from MON IMO.

Too soon to say he should go given the overall progress over the last three years IMO.

However, I am starting to have doubts......going into season 4 with the amount of financial backing we have had, the squad size excuse is difficult to accept.

Stay, for me.

he has earn't the right to be allowed to turn things around, and to do it his way.

If we're in the doo-doo in 3-4 months time, then maybe time to go, but certainly not now.

That would be crazy, IMO.

let him prove many of us wrong, I say.

Jon, no offence but, you don't half procrastinate when it comes to criticising O'Neill! (The following aren't actual quotes but a general flavour....)

Last season it was "If the players don't perform better from having fewer games, then it will be time to ask questions!" (Cue no improvement whatsoever)

Then "If O'Neill doesn't sort the squad this summer, I'll be mildly annoyed." (Cue no replacements for Laursen or Barry)

Now he's got 3-4 months! Coming next, Jon states "If O'Neill doesn't get us promoted, I'll give him a piece of my mind!"

;)

Jon, no offence but, you don't half procrastinate when it comes to criticising O'Neill!

fair doo's.

I am worried, genuinely so, following IMO a poor summer of dealings (so far) and a bizzare team seldction on saturday, following a very poor final third of the season.

BUT: we are 1 game in (a very poor and worrying game granted) and I think MON has earnt the right to turn things around. The window is not yet shut, and MON's obvious plan this season, whilst i can't yet see it, must be about to hatch.

I see no problem with giving him time to get things right, as IMO he has done a pretty decent job, up to this point.

I am concerned, but my finger is not on the trigger, so to speak. The gun is still in the holster.

our starting 11 against Wigan should have been easily good enough to see them off especially at home.

Hmmm.

a young lad from 2 leagues below making his competitive debut, with only 1 friendy under his belt.

his CM partner was a player who had missed much of pre season with an injury.

our centre half was playing whilst injured.

our left back is shit and does not have the confidence of his manager.

our right back was making his debut and had not played with any of the players before.

not good, that, from MON IMO.

looking at your post here,and the more i think about it..what was MON thinking starting with these two in the middle on saturday,they both should have been on the bench,with Sidwell and Reo starting..what a **** mistake by our manager eh..

How low are we that some people think starting Sidwell is a good idea? He's been shocking for us.
i thought he was one of our better players in pre-season and he's also more match fit than Petrov would have been on saturday.with him and Reo in the middle,we would have been harder to brake down..

How low are we that some people think starting Sidwell is a good idea? He's been shocking for us.

yet we won our most amount of games with him in the side and he looked alright when he came on on saturday. id much rather have a sidwell in the side than a player who has no premiership experience wot so ever, delph needs to be eased in as the season goes on.

As for Oneil staying or going i can see this been the season that he goes and a lot of you will get your wish, he wont be sacked but he will probably resign when he realises what idiotic fans we've got. Then it will be back to the 3 years managerial cycle that you all love, were get new manager in everyone will love him, more money will be spent we will fail to break into the top 4, fail to win anything and the same fans will be calling for the new managers head in 3 years time and some people wonder why football fans get called fickle.

Â