O'Neill - stay or go, the update

Risso

Should O'Neill stay or go?  

535 members have voted

1. 1. Should O'Neill stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

I can't see the benefit of sacking MON now.

He's frustrating the hell out of all of us, but he deserves at least an opportunity to try to get us out of this mess.

It seems a little kneejerk to be suggesting that things won't improve after a few games. Just a few weeks ago, many were very optimistic about the coming season.

We still have a fair bit to look forward to.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pressure is already pretty intense Kiddy.

The holte were chanting 'Martin, make a sub. Martin, martin, make a sub' on sat against Wigan.

Seems as if some of the fans are turning on him. We drive him out and we got back in our development 2-3 years IMO.

Well by the sound of people on here:

Thanks for the memories Martin, you took us from being absolute rubbish to a really decent team.

Its a pity that people don't have patience anymore, but as you always say - 'its a results business'

and the people who are impatient have a lot more 'power' in taking the feel good factor away than the people who try to keep it up..

best of luck in whatever you choose to do next, i'll bet you'll do a cracking job at stabilising and building it.

:cry:

You should do stand up, that was fooking hilarious :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So are we in a better state today than where we were at the end of last season?

And you say patiance......

Its been 4 years, and we still dont know whoms playing right back or left back!

Dont get me wrong mate, i want Martin to turn this around. But we have a squad thats weaker than what finished last season, and it looks like that we have no chance of seeing the 5 quality players arriving, that Martin said were a minimum requirement!

Oh, wait for it....the transfer window aint closed yet.

Well if he turns up many more gems like Heskey, then we might as well let it close now.

And dont aim the fickle shit at me either, cos in 30 years of following my club home and away, im proberly more experienced to tell it how i see it.

Martin?

Love the guy....but you cant deny there are problems?

Don't usually vote in these type of things but voted for stay.Really in the glass half full/empty camp at the moment as I want MON to turn it around.Would love him to come up with a couple of surprise/good signings in the next 10 days or so.At the same time if he goes any new manager is gonna be stuck with MONs squad pretty much til January.

Thanks for the memories Martin, you took us from being absolute rubbish to a really decent team.

Its a pity that people don't have patience anymore, but as you always say - 'its a results business'

and the people who are impatient have a lot more 'power' in taking the feel good factor away than the people who try to keep it up..

best of luck in whatever you choose to do next, i'll bet you'll do a cracking job at stabilising and building it.

Im sorry mate but you and anyone else talking about a lack of patience has a very short memory.This has come to a head not because of the wigan result,this started back in january,lots of us have shown a great deal of patience.I waited for the new season and i expected to see some different football to that played since january.

after reading his post match inteview i really cannot think of all these chances we created....

and as for his "rapid fans were terrific, they kept it up all game and their players responded to that"....

well that was obviously a dig at the Villa faithful....

he's not a happy man at the moment and i dont think its just coz he has lost 2 games in a row

and as for his "rapid fans were terrific, they kept it up all game and their players responded to that"....

I read it that way too and to be frank I don't blame him.

You should do stand up, that was fooking hilarious :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So are we in a better state today than where we were at the end of last season?

And you say patiance......

Its been 4 years, and we still dont know whoms playing right back or left back!

Dont get me wrong mate, i want Martin to turn this around. But we have a squad thats weaker than what finished last season, and it looks like that we have no chance of seeing the 5 quality players arriving, that Martin said were a minimum requirement!

Oh, wait for it....the transfer window aint closed yet.

Well if he turns up many more gems like Heskey, then we might as well let it close now.

And dont aim the fickle shit at me either, cos in 30 years of following my club home and away, im proberly more experienced to tell it how i see it.

Martin?

Love the guy....but you cant deny there are problems?

Maybe I'm more patient than most then, but I don't think 6 months is a long time at all. If the internet weren't around then most people wouldn't even notice most of the things if you know what I'm saying, time goes slower with it here - especially in the transfer windows.

As for the fickle remark, I didn't say anything of the sort, I said it takes a couple to rock the boat, but it takes a good deal more to steady it.

If we draw against pool then I think everyone will be chuffed. I honestly don't think the blues will beat us, so thats some more points :? in my opinion. I think after 3/4 years in the job, getting us to 6th last season and the season before, then I do think he deserves a blip...Many managers have figured out the way we play now, and martins said that himself with his 'we're going to have to keep the ball' comments made a couple of weeks ago. So to me, thats evidence that he knows we only have a couple of ways to play, and he's trying to build on it.

also, for the transfers people talk about i.e. the sneijers and van der vaarts etc, these are top top top players, they will keep their options open until the end of the transfer window, because - as has been discussed, they won't drop to our level without a fight.

In summary, in my opinion he's got this entire season to sort out this problem. I don't mind if people boo at performances like wigan - frankly it was rather spinless, although I didnt boo but i did leave early :oops: , i had a BBQ to get to 8) .

I think after the last few years he's at least earned that.

look what happened to everton the season after they finished 17th.

just trust it, be patient - we definitely wont go down - and i know thats not good enough really but lets give it a chance, lets not go back to the 3 year cycle that we experienced in the ellis era

:D

I dont like these polls, but ive just voted for him to stay. But its cutting it very fine.

If he drops his stubborness and learns from his mistakes, delivers the three quality reinforcements we seriously need, then i can see us riding this out, and becoming better because of it.

Dispite my worries, i think we would make a monumental mistake getting rid at this time.

Im more worried of whats going on behind the scenes. Seems to me that Randy has his sandbag in place, and listening to and watching Martin lately, he does not look happy, and sounds increasingly frustrated.

If nothing else, something is going to give one way or the other pretty soon.

Does anybody else have the same feeling on this?

I dont like these polls, but ive just voted for him to stay. But its cutting it very fine.

You've chosen the correct option, I'm proud of you!!

Upa da Villao :flag:

To old and long in the tooth :lol:

Been here before on SOoooOO many occasions, and fans are fickle because Football is a fickle game 8)

Ahhh I always knew you were a good'un :winkold: :D

I read it that way too and to be frank I don't blame him.

next thursday night the knives will be out if we dont score quicker than they managed, if it 0-0 at half time it'll be uproar, a fair chunk of the crowd will be going so they can get a boo in rather than actually support their club

Â