Friendly: Fiorentina h 2009/08/08 Reactions and Ratings

LancsVillan

Another improving performance leading into next week. Was very happy for Lichaj, he started a bit poorly but finished up having a really solid game. Along with Clark who looked very assured.

Delph of course was a massive plus on his debut.

MON has got some tough decisions to make for next weeks starting 11. Everyone did their bit today to give us another victory.

Please can we not get carried away with this brilliant result and first half performance. Second half was a lot more even, but first half was all ours.

Delph...what can you say, forget duck to water, this was...something entirely different. He is ready to play in the Premier League, and I'll be surprised if he's not starting against Wigan. Good range of passing, gets stuck in, very very sharp acceleration, a tidy ball carrier. Just need to stay disciplined and hold his position, tearing forward is good at times, but not at the same time as your midfield partner, of course, hopefully, he won't have that problem if he'd playing with Petrov! :D

Cuellar, Clark, both keepers, Heskey, Young, Milner and Gardner were all good as well I thought. Special mention for Albrighton who came on and absolutely raped the full back round the outside. Milner played well, by coming inside him, and floating around swapping positions and making a nuisance of himself, Albrighton came on, played just like the 70's winger he looks like, and made that left back's life a misery. Great stuff.

Despite all this however, we still need to make this squad bigger; if we don't it'll just be another blinding start, then steadily falling away as players fall to lack of form, fatigue and injuries.

delph looked impressive against a top european side. 1st half we dominated and looked better side.

milner looked excellent and heskey looked decent as well. good to see lichaj and clark feature but dont think they are ready for first team just yet but have potential

Well done lads, we definitely have the making of a good squad ... just need to add a couple of pieces to the jigsaw. Wish I'd gone to see the match now, typical :P The only friendlies being covered on Five Live this afternoon were Man City's and Liverpool, sick of hearing of the first mentioned and just sick of the last mentioned.

Hopefully we can take our pre-season form into the League and get some points on the board, put the Sky four under pressure from the off.

Just back from VP.....what a game Delph had for first time out. Started off a bit shy......but soon picked up. I can see why MON spent the cash on him....reminds me of a small undernourished Viera.

The other kids did well too.........

Just got back from the game.

The first half was very very good. While Deplh's display was impressive I think the real story should be how well Young and Milner linked up. They caused havoc for the defense when playing on the same side which led to Heskey's goal.

I get the feeling that Milner on the right, Downing on the left and Young in a free role to support either one at any given time would make us near unstoppable.

Deplh looked very assured on the ball and seemed to fit right into the team. If you were watching Villa for the first time you wouldn't have guessed that he came from 2 divisions below us. Clark looked very good defending but his distribution was a little poor - promising though. And Albrighton also looked very comfortable and pt in some fantastic challenges.

I've also just got back from the game.

Delph looked good. Really calm in posssession, never got flustered, good passer of the ball.

Really impressed with the two young lads on the right though, Albrighton and Lichaj.

Albrighton was brilliant when he come on, got the ball and run with it, some brilliant deliveries into the box aswell.

Delfounso aswell, looked sharp, no way would I send him out on loan, looks better than Gabby if you ask me, so much more aware of things going on around him.