Peace Cup - Juventus - 2009/08/02 @ 21:00 - Match thread

BOF

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly even first half, juve with probably the best chance - the header from six yards. NRC,Ash Young and Albrighton our better players, Shorey a little nervy (me watchin him !) Davies a bit slow off the mark but on the whole a decent first half. NRC to lift the trophy in about an hour's time :hooray:

Veetle, it's great.

God half from villa. Interesting to see Young in a free role, but Weimann is lost a little on the left. Would like to see those two swap back from time to time. Great early cross from Albrighton again, he continues to impress. Davies looks more solid and NRD and Sidders doing the hard graft in the middle and distributing early. Good all round performance.

People also need to get of Lichej's back. He has not made any mistakes, and is very inexperienced. Not all players are world beaters form game one (or four to be fair)

Think we may nick this one!

Lots of positives - Albrighton looks good, Young exceptionally up for it and playing really well. Carew winning plenty up front.

However, I'm really quite concerned about how empty our midfield is when we get the ball. I know that's the price of playing 4-4-2 and 2 out and out wingers, but we NEVER seem to build up anything through midfield.

Infact, I can't remember the last time I saw us pass it more than four times in a row. It's all Ashley's runs, breakaways, the odd free kick lumped forward and feeding off Carew.

Having lost Barry, we look desperately short of anyone that can put their foot on the ball and pass it. I wish we could pass the ball properly.

Still, doing well so far. I just fear that we're going to be very limited if Ash, who is due an injury, is out for a couple of months next season.

Defensively ok, but why can we not pass it?!!!!