Peace Cup - Juventus - 2009/08/02 @ 21:00 - Match thread

BOF

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a second added before the ref blew the whistle.

I must say, a quite uplifting first half from us. Rwo-Coker has done quite allright even in the passing department, but I'd really like to have a midfielder who are able to dominate more and pick out more killer passes. Solid from Guzan, AGAIN. Young playing very well, Lichaj and Shorey had quite a few misses, but Cuellar looks solid and Davis is, well, invisible in the way that normally indicates that youre a defender that hasn't done any errors to speak of.

Bring on the second half!

Lichaj not impressing me at all!!

Albrighton once again showing why we should think of using him instead of Milner..im not joking, we are not playing Doncaster Rovers here.

Sidwell is so and so, needs to show up a bit more, Reo is doing his job.

Youngs free kicks and corners are off again. But he is lively and playing well.

Guzan fantastic again.

Im happy with Marcy mark and Guzan at the moment and Young too. Need to see some more stuff from the others.

HT.

Keep it up lads, I'm enjoying this. (Yes, I know it's only a friendly).

:D:D

No such thing as a friendly for a professional footballer!! :lol:

But totally agree, good half from Villa and I too am actually enjoying watching us play.

If we can just nick one goal, I think we could hang on and win it..

P.S: In the event of 0-0 at 90 minutes, is it extra time and pens or just straight pens after 90 minutes?

What stream people using?

I'm using the new streaming service on my betting account on Expekt.com. Quality picture, but lame commentary. Apparently we've got this guy called Leech playing right back for us (can't possibly be the correct pronunciation, can it, apologise if it is). In the middle of the game he started laughing out loud and now he's singing, thinking he's off air.

It's wrong to judge Albrighton as better than Milner in this tournament.

What it has shown is that Albrighton is in fact a very good player who if Milner got injured, you wouldn't be at all worried about him being put in, however this match is still being played at a relatively slower pace than the Prem and he's getting more time on the ball than he might do in a Prem game.

I think Shorey's haircut is some kind of tribute to the rhythm section of the Smiths

Villa's competent pre-season is kind of at odds with the no-transfer horror on the domestic front

If we get decent cup runs I'll be tempted to actually travel to them if it involves watching Brad Jnr and Mark Albrighton running things

With Albrighton, Young, Milner and Downing available for the wings i think things are looking quite bright. Did you see Albrighton skin there defender, he looked like he was going to pull it back on the bounce and then he nailed it down the wing and whipped a very good ball in that carew just missed. It was impressive.

Heel tastic, half price, double quantity and a free nail kit!!! Man, i hate being in the UK and missing these great offers.

Ive just ordered my Turbo-Snake from their web site!!!

On to Hair Cub now!!!!!