Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

4533937842_74020c4e7c_o.png

4533302279_a1fc855031_o.png

Analysis by Nate Silver

loads and loads of bullshit

That entire article is flawed as hell.

Fat isn't bad. Eating fat does not make you fat. You're not exhausting half your budget of "bad stuff" you're meeting half your budget of "stuff your body needs, but you're probably not giving it, because you're a retard that thinks all fat is bad so avoid it to the extent you're probably only getting 10% of your calories from fat rather than the 30% your body really wants".

That's not to mention that protein is awesome. And people generally eat too many carbs. That means the double down is FAR better for people than anything in a bun when people already eat carb dense diets.

The salt thing is a non-issue unless you have hypertension as well. Our bodies can cope with far far more salt than that.

If you're grabbing a bite to eat at a fast food joint the double down should be top of the list of "things that won't turn me into a fatty" simply because it lacks the calorie dense hunks of something that looks kinda like bread but really isn't either side of it.

By missing off the carbs contained in everything other than the double down they're screwing the results, so essentially the graph is true ONLY if you just eat the patties.

The "double downs per calorie" is also laughable, because it then turns getting calories from anything but protein and fat into a good thing, the more calories in the burgers that come from anything else, the better according to that graph! Which is pure bullshit when you consider the breakdown of your average diet. Whereas you should be aiming for a 50/30/20 carb/protein/fat break up most people are actually nearer to 70/20/10

so just to confirm, am i allowed a big mac at lunch or not?

The Holy Grail...

The Heart Attack Grill

"The establishment is a hospital theme restaurant: waitresses ("nurses") take orders ("prescriptions") from the customers ("patients"). A tag is put on the patient's wrist showing which foods they ordered and a "doctor" examines the "patients" with a stethoscope.

The menu includes "Single", "Double", "Triple", and "Quadruple Bypass" hamburgers, ranging from 0.5 to 2 lb (0.23 to 0.91 kg) of beef (up to about 8000 kilocalories), "Flatliner Fries" (cooked in pure lard), unfiltered cigarettes, beer and liquor, and soft drinks such as Jolt cola and Mexican Coke made with real sugar. Customers over 350 lb (160 kg) in weight eat for free if they weigh in with a doctor or nurse before each burger. Beverages and to-go orders are excluded and sharing food is also not allowed for the free food deal"

350.jpg

*drools*

heart-attack-grill2.jpg

For the record the Baconator does not disappoint, pound for pound it's simply the best chain burger on the market. The wife is away this weekend and I plan on indulging on one of these:

53888837_cd1c005b1b.jpg

Jackson Hole Soul Burger, 7oz of fatty ground chuck beef, with cheese, bacon, fried ham, fried onions and fried mushrooms. Easiest to eat with a knife and fork. The chips are quality as well.

Here's another longtime beloved indulgence of mine:

l_marshmallow_fluff_giant_pot.jpg

img_7596.JPG

Straight from the spoon to the gob.

When i used to go to The Shed in Brierley Hill (still can't believe it closed down) there was a burger van outside.

They did something called 'The SCOBB'. Sausage, Cheese, Onion, Bacon Burger. It was the single most orgasmic thing that i have ever eaten in my life. Whether being a little drunk every time I had one had something to do with it remains to be seen. Not seen another burger van offer this heavenly dish.

Spent the weekend in Philadelphia (had to go to a memorial Quaker meeting), which means that many cheesesteaks (wit-out [onions] and provolone for me... if an establishment offers hot peppers or mushrooms then I'll add those) were consumed.

800px-PatsCheesesteak.jpg

Spent the weekend in Philadelphia (had to go to a memorial Quaker meeting), which means that many cheesesteaks (wit-out [onions] and provolone for me... if an establishment offers hot peppers or mushrooms then I'll add those) were consumed.

800px-PatsCheesesteak.jpg

Cheesesteaks :notworthy:

tbf, you can get something like a cheesesteak in New England: the steak & cheese grinder at virtually any House of Pizza (use of that term as opposed to "pizzeria" means that the ownership of the establishment is either Greek or possibly Turkish or Albanian pretending to be Greek)... in which case my standard order is:

steak, cheese (typically provolone, though sometimes one must make do with American), mayonnaise, jalapenos, and mushrooms toasted in the pizza oven

Generally sirloin sliced a la Pat's (thinly cut and further cut into smaller pieces) is the steak used, and the bread is not Amoroso nor uses Philadelphia wooder.

• 3 weeks later...

Went up to Bub's Bar-B-Q for this summer's first time today... not crap food, but not necessarily the healthiest.

Pulled Pork and Kielbasa combo FTW. I regret not getting the fried banana cheesecake for dessert.

The place was recently picked by Esquire as one of the 20 best restaurants in the USA :thumb:

Dominos Pizza and McDonalds are 2 things that I eat every week. They're almost like an addiction now to be honest, it feels like every day I'm trying to fight off not buying one or the other. I should be fat by now, I really should.

Lots and lots of Pizza. Sausage and bacon (sarnies?) sandwiches once every week. I can't buy multi-pack crisps, last time i eat 10 packets in less than 24 hours.

Burger King whenever i happen to be in Brum City centre (which isn't often these days). Subway meat ball marinaras. Chocolate, Turkey burgers, chips. I also eat two packets choc chip cookies yesterday that my mum gave me, in less than 24 hours (it's starting to sound like a confession now). I don't buy Ice cream either, except once every two years or something, otherwise i'd probably eat nothing but Ice cream for two days.

Luckily im one of those people who can eat anything and everything, and i never put on weight.

Â