Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

I ve been up to see Newcastle this season against Barnsley. Newcastle were fairly poor to be honest, though they won 6-1. Not sure any of the players from what I ve seen are good enough for the top half, but they have certainly gained a ternacity and grit missing for years. Even though the game wasn’t that great, the atmosphere was excellent, and of all the towns I ve been to for a post match drink/celebration its pretty damn good. Newcastle as a place seems to have built almost specially for post match drinking/celebrating. Obviously plenty of clubs/bar to avoid, but also some really beautiful places; the Bridge Hotel by the High Level Bridge was really excellent

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they're back up. It's a great novelty seeing them spend a season in the Championship and it was a howl being the team to put them down, but having shite like Burnley & Hull in the Premier League gets a bit tedious. Newcastle, love them or hate them, do add excitement to the top flight and call me a traditionalist but I think the top league needs the bigger teams. Give me Newcastle, Forest & Leeds over Hull, Burnley & Wigan any day. And isn't great to see that stupid bell-end Pompey fan going down. No more stupid bell-ringing. Don't get me wrong, I love the promotion/relegation and I love these teams getting their whistlestop tour of the big grounds. Just as long as they have the good manners to piss off back where they came from eventually.

They will be okay next season. I think they've settled down a little now.

Still some decent players, Harper, Enrique, Collocini, Taylor, Nolan, Barton, Guiterrez, Guthrie, Ameobi all 11th-14th quality players in my opinion.

Barton staying fit and out of trouble could be big for them next year, he's a really good player.

• 1 month later...

The fixture list and transfer window is yet to open, or be released and already the Geordie circus has begun well and truely.

They released a statement on their website telling their fans they will not be spending any money this summer due to financial losses over the last 2-3 years.

They also then claim they have a 5 year plan to stabilize the club in the Premier League. :lol: :lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100509/nufc-statement_2240137_2047576

I think they've come up too soon, they needed more time to stabalise their finances and have a complete overhaul of the way the club is run.

More money should be invested in their academy, they seem to produce plenty of decent players.

But i think they'll come up, spend **** all and go down again, mike ashley will take the parachute payments then cut his losses and leg it.

Thats without doubt the most bizarre thing I ve read from a football club. This is all from the school of Doug Ellis.

Suspect they won’t be the worse team in the PL next year; the defence seems to have finally tightened up, but the front line looks to be lightweight. I suspect they will buy some players, unless that idiot Ashley really has lost the plot.

I think they should stay up easy if this years standard is anything to go by. They have good standard players and once they dont go for crazy signings should be top-10

• 3 months later...
Â