Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

Going down means that for the first time in a long time they are now managed by someone who got the job through being able to manage a football team, not through being a big toon fan, a messiah or a super Geordie, but by managing a team.

If they stick with that idea and don't go all "Geordie nation", it might just get them where they want to be.

Completely agree. Hughton's not glamorous but he's proved a lot of people wrong by taking them up. Mickey Quinn on Talkshite didn't want to deny that Hughton's just keeping the job warm for Shearer for when they go up. "I'd love it" if that happened cos Hughton will take them mid table next year. Under Shearer the shambles will return & they'll go down.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full credit where it's due Hughton did a hell of a job and probably would have saved them from the drop last season had he been given the job instead of their Messiah Shearer. Now hopefully they can sack him for next season so we can send them back down.

Dont watch Sky Sports News tomorrow then, it will be full of grinning Geordie tits on the steps of St James' Park talking about next seasons assault on the Champions League.

Reading between the lines I think your all secretly delighted to have us back.

ha ha yeah over the moon mate.

I'm actually pleased for you the fans but can't say I'm pleased personally, I'm dreading the silly season of the summer and the talk of Europe and CL challange that the media will no doubt whip up.

Having been the side to put you down I just know we are going to get you away first game of the season.

As far as i'm concerned the only team to send us down that day was the side playing in black and white (or whatever colour we turned out in that day). 5 mins to go and half of them were just walking round the park waiting for the final whistle. I'll be interested to see how much money we're looking to spend in the summer.

Reading between the lines I think your all secretly delighted to have us back.

What do you think Ashley will do now WMNG?

Hes got a massive personal investment in the club and although i don’t think he cares less what happens to us I cant see him making the same mistake twice. When we went down it cost him near 50 million of his own money on top of that he had to fork out millions in players wages without the help of sky money etc just to keep us going.

Don’t think Ashleys stupid enough to risk that again , imagine he'll look to strengthen the squad with an aim of comfortably stopping in the division without really looking to ever challenge the top 10 sides in the hope that a buyer comes in for us in the next year or so.

As far as i'm concerned the only team to send us down that day was the side playing in black and white (or whatever colour we turned out in that day). 5 mins to go and half of them were just walking round the park waiting for the final whistle. I'll be interested to see how much money we're looking to spend in the summer.

I would cetainly agree with you on that, I thought there performance that day was the worst I've seen in the Premier League at Villa Park it was an utter disgrace. I've never seen a team look so disinterested in even trying to save themselves.

I seem to recall though there being a lot of anti Villa sentiment on the Newcastle boards following the result and the gloating of some of our fans. I used to be a member on Toontastic and there was some talk of looking forward to revenge both on and off the pitch.

It could be said that it will cost him the best part of 50 million to keep you competitive this season.

Personally i just cant see him outlaying that kind of money to something he (seemingly) has no passion, or even interest in.

I can see another brouchure comming!

I don't see Ashley sticking around to be honest, I think he had to stay this season as nobody would buy the club for what he wanted for it while in that division. Now they are back up i think they will be for sale again and could even change hands before the start of next season.

Got to be primed for a buy out if nothing else Ashleys wiped off millions of pounds worth of debt and also wiped millions off the pay roll. If he was looking for a quick sale there cant be many better options for anyone looking to invest in a premier league football club. The potentials massive when you look at fan base etc - Everythings in place.

As for costing 50 million to stay competitive i disagree i think the likes of coloccini will hold his own this year, hes been brilliant in the first division basically just far too good. He was too weak in the premier league the last time but as with a lot of foreigners perhaps just needed a season or so to settle in we'll see how he does in the world cup in the summer.

Jose Enrique is another who will more than hold his own and very surprised we managed to keep hold of him all season plus the likes of Gutierrez who could be another who didn’t quite settle into the English game straight away but more than happy to go with him next season.

Bring in the likes of Bullard, Habib Beye, plus a scott parker type midfielder and a decent centre forward and bar stupid amounts of injuries we'll be ok.

Granted you have seen a lot more of them than I have and they would struggle to be as bad as they were the first time around but I just don't think the likes of Coloccini, Gutierrez and Enrique are good enough to be anything special in the Premier League.

Is what you have good enough to stay up? Yes without question I would say but then I'd have said the same the year you went down so who knows. I guess it depends on what definition you are giving to competitive really as to how much will need to be spent, I think you would struggle to get top 8 without significant investment perhaps even top 10 but then I'd have said the same about Birmingham City last summer and look at them.

I think the main issue for Newcastle will be goal scoring though as I'm not convinced any of your options would score many in the Premier league expect perhaps Carroll who I've not seen enough of to judge yet although his success will depend on his ability to stay out of jail.

Fully agree with you. I was talking in terms of survival (and hopefully finishing above the mackems who have really irritated me in the last year or so) . Enrique is without a shadow of a doubt our best player by an absolute street and he missed a fair bit of the relegation season through injury so no blame can be attached there. Hes possibly the only player who could potentially shine in the premier league for us assuming Joey Barton never regains the form he once showed at Man City.

Not a massive fan of Carroll and as you say he should be in jail i've heard the full story from the best mate of the lad he hit with the glass. Hence why i'd look at Carlton Cole should Roast Ham go down.

After that i'd be looking at the likes of Robbie Keane who you'd imagine will be available in the summer.

Anyway roll on next season.

Â