The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I went to see the SFA's a fair few years ago, I was seeing a bird who worked in a guitar shop and she somehow managed to swindle to free tickets for them, I didn't really like the band before but that gig was actually pretty damn good

I've probably been to more SFA gigs than any other band, from small pre tour warm ups, local community halls, Brixton Academy, to the Royal Festival Hall.

Never had a duff gig, but some have just been off the scale euphoric.

When are you too old for 'gigs'?

I ask, because I'm a fair ****' age now. My missus won't go to many gigs anymore (she's making an exception for Billy Bragg), but I've still got a few remaining gig buddies. I've noticed at a few things lately a real mix of ages in the audience, literally from students to pensioners. To answer my own question, I guess I can still go see Dexys and Alabama 3 but it's best to avoid JLS and Jessie J.

Seen SFA about 6 times. Agree, they are a fantastic live band. Something different every time, and they really put the effort into creating a show.

I quite often go to gigs on my own and I always feel like i'm the only person there on my own. Hardly any of my mates are into music like I am.

awwwwww, I'm sure if you put a word in on VT sometime, then someone might be able to go with you icon_hug.gif

When at uni I went to a few gigs on my own, when no one would go with me. I actually quite enjoyed it as I could get right to the front and stay there, and not have to worry about buying anyone drinks or fretting if they can't find their way back to where I was if they've gone the loo, or vice versa.

I could just rock the **** ouuuuuuuuuut headbang.gif Not that I still don't, ofc. It can just be a bit of ballache sometimes.

I quite often go to gigs on my own and I always feel like i'm the only person there on my own. Hardly any of my mates are into music like I am.

Did you go to Heaton Park? (Going by your sig as a clue!)

Was an incredible amount of Scottish people over the weekend. Would say there was as many Scots as Mancs there!

Off to see Wooden Wand at York Duchess tonight. Been looking forward to this for weeks. Planning to see him again in October, when he comes back to the UK with a full band.

Want to see Woods in September too, probably in Leeds, at Brudenell Social Club

I'm now off to see GOTYE at Red Rocks next month ... i'm more interested in the venue tbh but I do know one of his songs

Olympic opening concert at Hyde park on the 27th with Duran Duran , Snow patrol etc

and then

James , Echo & the Bunnymen , Inspiral carpets , cast on the 28th July at exotic Margate

I make Ned Flanders look cool

Did you go to Heaton Park? (Going by your sig as a clue!)

Was an incredible amount of Scottish people over the weekend. Would say there was as many Scots as Mancs there!

Yeah, I was there on the Saturday mate(not on my own :lol:) and I agree, there did seem to be some sort of invasion on that particular day. It got to the point where I was expecting every person I spoke to, to be Scottish!

Just back from York, very special little gig. It's criminal that Wooden Wand isn't bigger than he is. Had a little chat with him too after the gig. An absolute gent.

Pearl Jam in Stockholm yesterday. I usually don't go over the top when it comes to gigs, but...

That was one of those "once every 20 years" nights. 3 hours, 30 songs, requests from the audience, constantly changed setlist. I'm still buzzing. As a liveact, they really are something else. I'm most certainly arranging a holiday to see them again. That was special!

Gruff Rhys gig in Exeter was excellent - support was by Y Niwl instead of Cate Le Bon and they also featured as Rhys' backing band (bar the drummer)

Quite enjoyed their set too - a bit of Dick Dale meets the Shadows!

Faith No More were amazing last night....... check this out...

Didn't get a ticket in the end so I'm massively, massively jealous Damian. :(

I was about to message you mate, posted this mainly for you :)

Â