The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

got my tickets (5 of them) another 3 of my mates were going to try and get them but I have got a feeling that it will sell out before they manage to get hold of any

Yeah, got mine sorted for Nottingham.

Sixty quid but it's Nick Cave innit?

got my tickets (5 of them) another 3 of my mates were going to try and get them but I have got a feeling that it will sell out before they manage to get hold of any

Yeah, got mine sorted for Nottingham.

Sixty quid but it's Nick Cave innit?

Well thats the thing aint it, some times you just gotta pay the $$$ for stuff like that

I've never seen him before either so I am proper excited about it

I knew that I started this thread for a reason all those 5 long years ago, I wouldn't have found out about these gigs if it wasn't for your post dAVE80 so cheers for that

• Like 1

Have you ever seen him live before?

Yes, first time was on the Dig Lazarus Dig Tour (with Bicks and Blandy as a matter of fact) and also saw him with Grinderman.

He absolutely, postively owns the stage. Totally mesmeric.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 3

Yes, first time was on the Dig Lazarus Dig Tour (with Bicks and Blandy as a matter of fact) and also saw him with Grinderman.

Any excuse to mention it again (cus it really was bloody brilliant), but Warren Ellis was the same when I saw Dirty Three.

• Like 1

Yeah, brilliant performer. 

Half Man Half Biscuit tonight at the Robin 2.

Can't wait, i've seen them a few times and they are always great value.

I'll be interested to see if the play any of the songs from the new album (The wonderfully titled 'Urge for Offal'  :) ) as it's out on the 20th of the month. 

• Like 1

Half Man Half Biscuit tonight at the Robin 2.

Can't wait, i've seen them a few times and they are always great value.

I'll be interested to see if the play any of the songs from the new album (The wonderfully titled 'Urge for Offal'  :) ) as it's out on the 20th of the month. 

Looking forward to the new album, and it's out the same day as the new Scott Walker / Sunn O))) collaboration.

• Like 1

I know that this isn't a music gig or anything but I have got tickets to see Noel Fielding at the symphony hall at some time in the next month or something, its for a mates birthday,£25 it was.

I've never been to see a stand up before

• 2 weeks later...

Electric wizard were great. My left ear is all kinds of **** - sign of a good night. It's a great shame I wasn't into 10 years ago and got to see them then. The back catalogue is so fantastic you can't help but be slightly disappointed, but not surprised in the slightest, that some of my favourites weren't played.

Setlist was; witchcult today, black mass, incense for the dammed, chosen few, satanic rites, dopethrone, supercoven, lucifers slaves, funeralopolis.

Supercoven was absolutely mega. Technical difficulties with Jos' guitar meant we were treated to a massive, sprawling intro to funeralopolis too.

All 3 support bands were superb aswell, especially Satan's Satyrs who had apparently been transported directory from 1970.

• Like 1

Does anybody know anything about the 'Craig Charles Eclectic Funky DJ Set'?

I'm going to a gig which appears to then have Mr Charles doing his thing between 1:30 and 4:00am and all of a sudden I have a bunch of 40 somethings that all think it would be great to do it as some sort of mid life challenge. The nominated driver has basically spotted a way of not being nominated driver and persuading us all we can get on the 5:30am train home which sounds to me like a bit of a grim ending to a night out.

Just got back from Reverend and the Makers at the O2 Sheffield . Friday night was their first 2 albums and Saturday night was their last 2 albums . Absolutely fantastic couple of gigs in front of their home crowd. Sheffield is a great city as well . Top weekend and the 350 mile round trip was well worth it.

Does anybody know anything about the 'Craig Charles Eclectic Funky DJ Set'?

I'm going to a gig which appears to then have Mr Charles doing his thing between 1:30 and 4:00am and all of a sudden I have a bunch of 40 somethings that all think it would be great to do it as some sort of mid life challenge. The nominated driver has basically spotted a way of not being nominated driver and persuading us all we can get on the 5:30am train home which sounds to me like a bit of a grim ending to a night out.

Depends if he can be arsed or not. I've seen him DJ a few times. First time he looked like he was having great fun, and pulling out some beauties. Second time he looked like he'd rather have been anywhere else.

• Like 1

Â