The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

My next is Kacey Musgraves at The Ritz Manchester, always managed to miss her as she has played whilst I have been out of the country, this one I wont miss.

She's on the new Brian Wilson album

My next is Kacey Musgraves at The Ritz Manchester, always managed to miss her as she has played whilst I have been out of the country, this one I wont miss.

She's on the new Brian Wilson album

Is she? thats quite interesting to learn, thanks for the info.

The missus dragged me to the Kasabian gig at Victoria Park last night. Never been a fan and last night hasn't changed my opinion. Roll on BST at Hyde Park....

How far down the front were you? It was absolutely mental where we were just behind the second barrier. Can totally understand getting thrown around whilst watching a band you dislike will never change your opinion of them. 

The missus dragged me to the Kasabian gig at Victoria Park last night. Never been a fan and last night hasn't changed my opinion. Roll on BST at Hyde Park....

How far down the front were you? It was absolutely mental where we were just behind the second barrier. Can totally understand getting thrown around whilst watching a band you dislike will never change your opinion of them. 

We weren't clsoe to the stage but it was lively where we were. There were scuffles breaking out around us which I've never seen before and I've been to festivals since the early 80's. I don't think the venue helped, nor did being surounded by pissed up Leicester fans intent on picking fights.

We weren't clsoe to the stage but it was lively where we were. There were scuffles breaking out around us which I've never seen before and I've been to festivals since the early 80's. I don't think the venue helped, nor did being surounded by pissed up Leicester fans intent on picking fights.

How did you get back to wherever you stayed? Last train was 11pm, taxi's were fully booked and impossible to get. Saw people fighting over them. We thought we'd have a drink and some food to let the crowd die down a little. No chance. There was a long queue for them in the train station but none were even coming and people were lay down asleep. We took a real long walk to the other end of town and eventually got a bus after the police said it would be the best bet. Even they were rammed. Got back to our hotel about 2:30. Was a right **** up and ruined what was such a good night/birthday.

We weren't clsoe to the stage but it was lively where we were. There were scuffles breaking out around us which I've never seen before and I've been to festivals since the early 80's. I don't think the venue helped, nor did being surounded by pissed up Leicester fans intent on picking fights.

How did you get back to wherever you stayed? Last train was 11pm, taxi's were fully booked and impossible to get. Saw people fighting over them. We thought we'd have a drink and some food to let the crowd die down a little. No chance. There was a long queue for them in the train station but none were even coming and people were lay down asleep. We took a real long walk to the other end of town and eventually got a bus after the police said it would be the best bet. Even they were rammed. Got back to our hotel about 2:30. Was a right **** up and ruined what was such a good night/birthday.

We went with friends whose daughter was at Uni in Leicester. She drove us there, caught up with friends over dinner and then met us by the Uni so we were back in Dorridge around 12:30am.

Edited by Robbie09

Hmmm. The Eagles were kind of what you'd expect, highly professional, but a bit too slick for my liking. The set list was roughly chronological, so the first set had the best songs, but played mostly exactly as per the albums. They were clearly tired of them. Second set was the later stuff (although nothing from 'Long Road Out of Eden') - poorer songs on the whole, but played with a lot more pizzazz. Basically, they let Joe Walsh off the leash - at least he looked like he was enjoying it, unlike the rest of them. 

Overall, not bad, but I'm glad I caught them in their prime in '75. 

Setlist: 

Set 1

Saturday Night 
Train Leaves Here This Morning 
Peaceful Easy Feeling 
Witchy Woman 
Doolin-Dalton 
Tequila Sunrise 
Doolin'-Dalton/Desperado (Reprise) 
Already Gone 
The Best of My Love 
Lyin' Eyes 
One of These Nights 
Take It to the Limit 

Set 2

Wasted Time (Reprise) 
Pretty Maids All in a Row 
I Can't Tell You Why 
New Kid in Town 
Love Will Keep Us Alive 
Heartache Tonight 
Those Shoes 
In the City (Joe Walsh song)
Life's Been Good (Joe Walsh song)
The Long Run 
Funk #49 (Joe Walsh James Gang song)
Life in the Fast Lane 

Encore:

Hotel California 

Encore 2:

Take It Easy 
Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh song)

Desperado 

Edited by mjmooney

How much would a ticket for that cost Mr M? If you don't mind me asking.

It would be right up my wife's street (to the point I bought an Eagles album for nefarious reasons when I first met her), but I suspect that it's a £40 / £50 ticket plus travelling to a big city venue which then means car parking and suddenly it's a £150 night out. plus you need binoculars once you get there.

I haven't done an expensive gig in a very long time, I think INXS at the NEC might well have been the last one. Fittingly so, as it was also one of the worst gigs I'd ever attended.

Whilst cost doesn't equal quality, I would tend to 'need' a special night out if I've spent 100 bucks on tickets. Whereas I can walk away from a £7 punt.

yep, just looked for myself, cheap seats were £57 but others were £80, £100, £130

but if you like 'em, you like 'em ang good on you

my missus wouldn't waste the tenner for half the crap I watch

It's a similar thing with 'shows', she loves a big headline musical show, but with tickets at £80 she gets to go once or twice a year. I recently had to sit through Blood Brothers with my knees wedged into a seat designed for a Victorian skamp with polio. All I could think all through the show was 'fifty **** quid, fifty **** quid'.

I have been to concerts in the past without my wife as I knew I could get a better seat if I went alone, I was contemplating the eagles due to the costs and getting a good seat.

long long ago I was walking through town with my missus when I saw a poster for BB King playing in town, that night

wife and me marched around to the venue and to the box office and asked if there was any remote chance of tickets

woman in the kiosk said that they were sold out but by pure chance she'd just that second had a single ticket returned

I'll have it! I heard myself say. Turned to the missus and said, I baggsied first, I'll see you later.

bloody great night

• Like 1

Yeah we had the 'cheapest' seats - £57. I'm not complaining, but TBH I've seen an Eagles tribute band - The Beagles - for a fiver, and they were just as good!

Â