Striker to be dropped- Phillips or Angel?

SoccerHQ

Who should be dropped for Baros?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be dropped for Baros?

• Phillips
    • Angel
    • Don't drop any- play all 3!

So now he's about to be signed, who will be dropped to make way for Baros? Pete Colly was on SSN half an hour ago and said in recent months DOL had become increasingly agaitated with JPA's performances so it looks like he'll be on the bench for Saturday.

But quite a few people think baros-angel will be a good partnership. Maybe all 3 will be rotated throughout the season.

IF baros signs, then im sure whoever is out of form or injured will be dropped and all 3 will be rotated...

i personally, hope that baros and luke strike up a decent partnership together... better for our long term future...

The player to be dropped should be the player who is performing poorest of the three. Angel & Phillips will be playing for their shirt at Pompey tomorrow night so hopefully we should see a reacton from both of them to this news. Angel's position hasn't had any competition since DOL joined the club so we are about to see exactly what he is made of. The only winner in all of this should be Villa.

I have long thought that Baros and JPA would be ideal together. I think the only thing that JPA has been lacking is a decent partner.

JPA / Baros must be given a try, it's too tempting for me

i totally agree with morley. angel now has to perform or risk being benched, villa will be the overal winner in this lets hope. but the thing that concerns me is if angle becomes third choice he will leave as he stated a few months ago when he said he wants to review his situation at the end of the season.

I have long thought that Baros and JPA would be ideal together. I think the only thing that JPA has been lacking is a decent partner.

JPA / Baros must be given a try, it's too tempting for me

confuse the opposition seeing as they are long lost twins

:winkold:

Angel could well be the long term partner for Baros but at the moment he's playing like a little boy lost up front. Phillips should partner Angel this Saturday, he played too well against Bolton to deserve to be dropped.

It may just give Angel the kick up the backside he needs.

Phillips, only because we need some aerial prescence.

?? You sure you don't mean Angel for this role? Granted, he scored a tap in with his head v Bolton but he's renowned for playing alongside with someone with aerial ability, not being the one with aerial prescence himself

Angel could well be the long term partner for Baros but at the moment he's playing like a little boy lost up front. Phillips should partner Angel this Saturday, he played too well against Bolton to deserve to be dropped.

It may just give Angel the kick up the backside he needs.

spot on in my opinion

I expect Baros to start every game if he signs. JPA on the form of 2 seasons ago would line up alongside him but Phillips on current form does not deserve to make way for him on Saturday. I think given Phillips age he would not have been signed in the expectation of his starting every game and playing the whole 90 minutes and I suspect both him and JPA will get plenty of time on the park over the season, as I hope will Luke. It will also offer some much needed competition up front.

Â