Striker to be dropped- Phillips or Angel?

SoccerHQ

Who should be dropped for Baros?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be dropped for Baros?

• Phillips
    • Angel
    • Don't drop any- play all 3!

Phillips 1 match 1 injury

Angel 40+ matches no goals

Moore 15 matches 1 goal

Buy Ashcroft and play him up front with Baros.

On present form and company Baros is a needed buy, but I can't see why DOL wanted him so badly, as he doesn't offer much more than a fit on form Angel.

Hang on maybe I do see why he needs Baros.

His style of play offers so much compared to what we have simply because he takes on defenders on the ground or in the air. as did Vassell. Unlike Vassell his success ratio is higher but his commitment level has always been questionable,obviously something O'leary doen't feel concerned about, thanks to Berger perhaps.

I wish him well, but I'd personally have preferred Parker if 6.5 was all we had to spend.

If not

With Baros I got the impression his commitment and work rate are very good, it's his ability to see others that lets him down.

Still, we'll no doubt find out soon.

On form JPA will get a rest, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Of KP and JPA I would think KP would be the better substitute to bring on.

Pete Colly was on SSN half an hour ago and said in recent months DOL had become increasingly agaitated with JPA's performances so it looks like he'll be on the bench for Saturday.

I would say JPA had better look very lively at Portsmouth if he wants to have even a chance of starting on Saturday.

If they start together on Saturday and look dangerous I think Baros and Phillips will normally be first choice, but Juan will get plenty of chances when either is injured and as sub.

Buy Ashcroft and play him up front with Baros.

Agree................but it won't happen.

In fairness JPA has had know support for much of last season with DV being injured. After chasing his arse for much of Saturday the least he deserves is a chance to form a partnership with MB. That said, I voted for all 3 to play...........dream on!

Gotta be Baros / JPA = after all that is what DOL wanted LAST season before a ball was kicked in Euro 2004.......

KP has scored once in his home debut - granted but sorry for me JPA is the better option to play with Baros

Gotta be Baros / JPA = after all that is what DOL wanted LAST season before a ball was kicked in Euro 2004.......

KP has scored once in his home debut - granted but sorry for me JPA is the better option to play with Baros

Agreed

I think that DOL plays with the pair that looks most sharp...it is very good that Villa has competition there now!!

I wouldnt mind if DOL made a little special thing with the team and choosed to play Angel as an attacking midfielder. He wants the ball and he is a good passer.

I would like to see all 3 played together at times but out of the available partnerships it would have to be JPA and Baros for me - Phillips would be a much better impact substitution.

I daresay that on Saturday JPA and Super Kev will start and Baros come on for about 20mins at the end.

I wouldnt mind if DOL made a little special thing with the team and choosed to play Angel as an attacking midfielder. He wants the ball and he is a good passer.

I wish! I think its a good idea to drop JPA just behind Baros/Phillips. Angel hasn't been Ronaldinho granted... but I think he'd be a better creative center midfielder then the one's we already have.

On what evidence can you say that he would be good as an attacking midfielder, has he ever played in that position? The only passes i see angel make are sideways or backwards so i fail to see why he'd be so great as an attacking midfielder. Also an attacking midfielder should be someone who can run with the ball at players something that angel cannot do. Just because his passing and creativity stats are good on champ doesn't mean he can do a job there. Angel has nothing more to offer aston villa than as cover for the two better strikers we now have.

JPA has been completely dismal for about the last 30 consecutive matches, at least. How many more excuses are people going to make for him? Needs decent passes, needs a pacey player, hasn't had a full preseason yada yada yada. He's a skilful player, and a really nice bloke to boot, but he just doesn't have the pace for the Premiership anymore, and he just doesn't make enough space for himself to get any shots off.

Phillips and Baros for me, every time.

all these people saying Phillips - are they also the one who decried the siging of him as too old?

Are they also basing their opinions on ONE games me thinks so.................

When Phillips signed everyone on here said 'good cover for a respectable price' I've seen nothing to change that thinking.

And Risso those 30 games would be the 30 games he never had a pacey DazVass alongside him, well as it we've replace DV with a 'better' version I still want to see JPA / Baros - that pairing excites me. Phillips / Baros doesn't

Â