The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Aye, it's best keeping that blood pressure down :D 

Mines in the normal range apparently, had a medical in March, I was a bit concerned about it before I went in but it flagged as normal :hooray:

See, venting is good :D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/05/2020 at 22:20, Xann said:

Darius & Rotteen - 'Vision Through The Feedback'

On 21/05/2020 at 16:51, Xann said:

Jackal Queenston - 'Flight Over Bat Country'

On 07/05/2020 at 00:36, Xann said:

Darius - 'Modestie'

On 30/04/2020 at 20:15, Xann said:

RQ laji-2 - 'Don't'

On 17/04/2020 at 19:57, Xann said:

On 05/04/2020 at 21:10, Xann said:

Deuteronomy - 'Starboarding'

On 06/04/2020 at 20:08, Xann said:

The Queenstons - 'I'm Sure It's Ok'

On 03/04/2020 at 22:11, Xann said:

Mayhem - 'It's Murder'

The Darius album from 2019 did well in an end of year metadata generated Drum & Bass list.

Liked some of the tracks on it enough to listen to other acts on the label, Halley Labs.

The label's guiding philosophy is coherence, and though there's some acts that are quite intense, there's often a surprise hook or something to hang on to.

He writes quite approachable stuff, cos actually I think most of the label is pretty much one guy.

He pretends to be girl, and also has a number of different identities that align with different genres of electronic music, Ambient through to Breakcore.

Here's a couple more in different styles again.

Klippa - 'And So'  which is more Dubstep and Hyi - 'Osc Stream' which is quite a pleasant piece of Electronica.

Edited by Xann

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a while ago, someone - I think it was @BOF - linked to a website called everynoise.com, which has Spotify playlists for essentially every imaginable genre of music in the world. I have been dipping through them periodically ever since, and this is the one I like best so far, called 'The Sound of Arab Electronic':

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/19Xxt5xhpzYMi9z4grHrnb

It has some of the more well-known artists you might expect like Nicole Moudaber, Deena Abdelwahed and Fatima Al-Qadiri, but there's a real wide range of stuff, with a small proportion of duds.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/11/2023 at 10:13, dAVe80 said:

Not been active in this thread for a while, so sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but this track has been on rotation at mine for the best part of a year.

sweet little song. never heard this, thank you. its a little alton ellis mixed with suggie otis. 

• Like 1

Â