The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

Where's the junglist and the dubsters at on VT?

Gimme a holla, I know you're out there somewhere, what's your preference?

I love downtempo, electronic, dub, reggae, uk hiphop, jungle, anything the NME aren't keen on, looking for some more reggae to discover at the mo, I've rinsed the Jah Cure album to death now.

I love downtempo, electronic, dub, reggae, uk hiphop, jungle, anything the NME aren't keen on, looking for some more reggae to discover at the mo, I've rinsed the Jah Cure album to death now.

Check out-

Michael Rose "Dub Wicked"

Richard Dorfmiester "A Different Drummmer"

Mad Professor "Steaming Jungle (Jungle Dub Experience Vol. 2)

Charles Webster "Born on the 24th of July"

Let me know what you think of them!

Check out-

Michael Rose "Dub Wicked"

Richard Dorfmiester "A Different Drummmer"

Mad Professor "Steaming Jungle (Jungle Dub Experience Vol. 2)

Charles Webster "Born on the 24th of July"

Let me know what you think of them!

Nice one mate, you've just helped me find a stack of new Reggae on Spotify with that, absolutely loads!

Get yourself on it and I'll send you the playlist if you like.

Just listening to Michael Rose - Born Free (discomix) and it's heavy man!

I like the odd bit of DnB. Not a massive fan but go to a fair few DnB nights (especially when I was at uni) so can appreciate it. I like Shy FX, Bukem, Pendulum, Plug, Squarepusher to name a few.

I'm a big electro and house fan too. Soulwax/two many djs (As heard on radio soulwax pt2 is a brilliant album), LCD soundsystem, Daft Punk, Mr Scruff, that sort of thing, which then tapers into more commercial house/dance. Friday night on Radio 1 is good radio in my opinion.

Any glitch fans out there?

I'm just getting into it properly and could do with some recommendations. At the moment I'm only really familiar with edIT, Telefon Tel Aviv, Autechre and Four Tet (who's cousin my mate is currently slamming!). 'Crying Over Pro's For No Reason' by edIT is one of the best electronic music albums I've heard for a long time.

Â