The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

Brixton Market has good food and a cheap (for London) cocktail bar. Don't eat before, if you were thinking of going?

Nearer Hammersmith, Ladbroke Grove is a better bet for tunes: Honest Jon's, Rough Trade and at least one Reggae shop, maybe more on Portobello Rd Market days???

Intoxica was there, but it's next to Leicester Sq tube now.

Rough Trade East, Brick Lane and Flashback, Islington are good if you're nearby? Have friends working in both shops.

:)

Edited by Xann

Download Hundreds of ’90s Rave & Jungle Cassettes

This rave tape archive, collected by London’s Stamina MC, has everything you need to hyper-agitate those early ’90s rave and jungle urges. Dive into more than 100 archived mixes and let that sweet cassette nostalgia take you away. Kick back and have a listen while you read relevant ‘zines—and if hardcore is too happy for you, here’s a 30gb collection of noise tapes.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Major scandal rocking NY Hip Hop right now...KRS-One getting dragged into it too....ugly situation...

This dude has a YT channel and has been chronicling the story pretty comprehensively, and he's got Bambaattaa's bodyguard here dishing dirt-

Edited by maqroll

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Major scandal rocking NY Hip Hop right now...KRS-One getting dragged into it too....ugly situation...

This dude has a YT channel and has been chronicling the story pretty comprehensively, and he's got Bambaattaa's bodyguard here dishing dirt-

I half saw something about this the other day, but for what ever reason didn't fully read it. I take it someone has made an allegation about Bambaataa? Does it seem as if there is any susbtance to the claims?

• 1 month later...

I shall have a go at that shortly.

My headphones are in the other room and I think I've used up all my fetching and carrying favours in the hour since my missus has come home.

(my leg is in shreds, torn muscle, poor advice from the doctor, over excited Vokes quarter final goal celebration)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

@chrisp65 Get on this mate. Think you'll enjoy! 

Lads with the most whopper soundsystem known to man. Exit Records had a showcase in the moat @ Punto Christo (I think) for Dimensions in Croatia a few years back. Cerebral would be the only way to describe it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ccfcman said:

Lads with the most whopper soundsystem known to man. Exit Records had a showcase in the moat @ Punto Christo (I think) for Dimensions in Croatia a few years back. Cerebral would be the only way to describe it.

I remember seeing Dillinja and the Valve Sound System in Newcastle (at the legendary Turbulence night), and that was probably the loudest sound system I've ever heard. Drinks were rattling off tables, because of the bass.  

Not sure of the protocal here, replying to yourself like a madman in isolation but I'll test the waters in the mean time.

Paul Woolford is an absolute champ, in the last few years everything he has touched has turned to gold. His Soul Music album under the Special Request moniker is a thing of beauty. Have it on vinyl and keep meaning to pick up a second copy because I can tell I'm wearing the ass off it already.

• Like 1

There was a thing a couple of months ago up in a hotel around Bakewell and some German guys turned up with these...

VmuHMLsh.jpg

well the room was only this big...

image_zpspzzkn2mh.jpeg

so they didn't get completely built, the basic carcass was more than enough, rigged up to...

image_zpsvgwfhxt4.jpeg

7XCrqaYh.jpg

'twas geek city

but for all the money in the room, anybody could play any record they brought along, surprising amount of dub and Joe Gibbs in the room

anyway, @ccfcman don't worry about responding to your own posts, I set up my thread to dick about with welsh football

• Like 1

Â