The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

HMV institute

Absolutely dreadful on Saturday night though. Heard good things about it on a Wednesday however.

Used to be crap when it was the Sanctuary, never really rated it. Not been since the refurb though

Best club in Birmingham is the custard factory by far and the Que Club Circa 2001/2002 before it closed.. it hasn't been the same since it reopened :(

I've heard about cocoon is it outside? bit too hardcore for me mind, but i do love my dance music. I went to Creamfields earlier in the year.

Nah it's in the new HMV institute club on Digbeth high street - which I've got to say, is probably my favourite venue in Brum. It's an old theatre which has three different levels looking down on the main room which is compact and oozes the underground feeling. It's brilliant - get yourself along mate, it won't be too hardcore for you. You really know about electronic music once you've been to a Cocoon event hosted by the master himself.

Who did you see at Creamfields? I didn't go the last time but was there the year before and got completely **** caked in mud. It was worth it though for the line-up and the scouse birds :winkold:

Yeah that sounds good might have to find out more about it.

I really don't remember too much of creamfields tbh, i remember seeing Gramophonedzie, Gareth Emery, Deadmau5 and David Guetta though. Yeah lots of fit scouse birds haha

I absolutely live for Trance, Techno, House and Minimal. It's on a par with supporting the Villa 8)

This should be good to work off the Turkey on Sunday and lighten the mood after being dicked by Spurs :D :

148287_488635622995_145756902995_5780145_606608_n.jpg

i seen Sven Vath here in Dublin in October for the first time,and been honest he wasn't for me.i have heard sets from other nights that he has played and they were banging but not the night i seen him :( ,to many build ups that just faded out for me,he never got to the point of really rocking the place..

I absolutely live for Trance, Techno, House and Minimal. It's on a par with supporting the Villa 8)

This should be good to work off the Turkey on Sunday and lighten the mood after being dicked by Spurs :D :

i seen Sven Vath here in Dublin in October for the first time,and been honest he wasn't for me.i have heard sets from other nights that he has played and they were banging but not the night i seen him :( ,to many build ups that just faded out for me,he never got to the point of really rocking the place..

Fair enough pal - there's very few DJ's who smash every single set to be fair though. He is an unbelievable guy however, a real legend of the techno scene. I'm hoping to get over to Frankfurt next year to where it all began at Technoclub.

Where did you see him in Dublin? The only DJ I've seen perform time and time again is Paul van Dyk. That bloke blows my mind :)

I've heard about cocoon is it outside? bit too hardcore for me mind, but i do love my dance music. I went to Creamfields earlier in the year.

Nah it's in the new HMV institute club on Digbeth high street - which I've got to say, is probably my favourite venue in Brum. It's an old theatre which has three different levels looking down on the main room which is compact and oozes the underground feeling. It's brilliant - get yourself along mate, it won't be too hardcore for you. You really know about electronic music once you've been to a Cocoon event hosted by the master himself.

Who did you see at Creamfields? I didn't go the last time but was there the year before and got completely **** caked in mud. It was worth it though for the line-up and the scouse birds :winkold:

I really don't remember too much of creamfields tbh, i remember seeing Gramophonedzie, Gareth Emery, Deadmau5 and David Guetta though. Yeah lots of fit scouse birds haha

:thumb:

Seeing Emery at the Godskitchen new year's party next week! Nice selection you saw then - bit of everything.

Fair enough pal - there's very few DJ's who smash every single set to be fair though. He is an unbelievable guy however, a real legend of the techno scene. I'm hoping to get over to Frankfurt next year to where it all began at Technoclub.

Where did you see him in Dublin? The only DJ I've seen perform time and time again is Paul van Dyk. That bloke blows my mind :)

I seen him in a club called tripod,its a very good venue.i have seen Richie Hawton and he was by far the best,all these massive high top build ups!!. also Derrick May he was class back in the day ,i'm also mad into American house real funky stuff from Farina,Carter and DJ Sneak..

im not slagging Sven Vath off at all,he's massive and i'd go see him again.maybe it was just the night that was in it im not sure,but i expected it to be a little more pumping because thats what i have heard from downloads and CD's...Technoclub should be unreal!!..

• 2 months later...
Where's the junglist and the dubsters at on VT?

Gimme a holla, I know you're out there somewhere, what's your preference?

I love downtempo, electronic, dub, reggae, uk hiphop, jungle, anything the NME aren't keen on, looking for some more reggae to discover at the mo, I've rinsed the Jah Cure album to death now.

was guna stick a thread up the other week see if any VT'ers were goin to the dnb awards at custard factory but thought id just get a load of sarcastic replies lol.....

heavy night!

I went to Creamfields and Global Gathering, both were amazing. Sweedish House Mafia at CF was the standout. I've never seen so many people k-holed in one place though.

I went to Creamfields and Global Gathering, both were amazing. Sweedish House Mafia at CF was the standout. I've never seen so many people k-holed in one place though.

SHM are gash, hence the n00bs.

Anile -

Good shout. Might be interviewing Anile for the radio show over the next couple of days, doing a Med School special next week for the New Blood release, had a chat with Lung and Sato this afternoon, both very genial.

Those who are interested, check out our chat with Goldie over on the blog (link in sig).

Â