The Other Music Thread - DnB, Dub, Reggae, Techno et al.....

trimandson

It's sweet in small doses. Went to a dubstep gig once and left after half an hour, just **** with your head.

Good when your spending the night with mary jane though.

Half an hour :lol:

Yeah, but everything is sweet when you're spending an evening with Mary Jane.

The best dubstep is the stuff that's heavily influenced by other genres. I can't be dealing with wobble, but the likes of Martyn, Synkro, Joy Orbison and others is good, fresh stuff.

On the D&B front, Noisias album finally came out last week (with top notch artwork!), Sabres LP is pretty nice and there is a new Klute album out in the next couple of months :nod:

Loving these two singles from the last week or so too:

Ed Rush & Optical - Get Ill (Prolix Remix)

Artificial Intelligence ft. dBridge - Three's a Crowd

• 4 weeks later...

Imagine if Squarepusher ate about 25kg of magic mushrooms with a bunch of Vikings, then sat down to try and write clownstep...

Ed Cox - Emoccordian

He's got a 21 track album out called Clowncore. It's both scarily unnerving and hilarious in equal measures. Never fails to put a smile on my face.

Disclaimer: A minimum of 99.7% of listeners are not going to like this one.

Imagine if Squarepusher ate about 25kg of magic mushrooms with a bunch of Vikings, then sat down to try and write clownstep...

Ed Cox - Emoccordian

He's got a 21 track album out called Clowncore. It's both scarily unnerving and hilarious in equal measures. Never fails to put a smile on my face.

Disclaimer: A minimum of 99.7% of listeners are not going to like this one.

Put me in the 0.3% :D

I acquired the new Bomb The Bass album the other day. Deep, synth-y, soulful and melodic stuff. Like a mature Groove Armada, but only in comparison to their new album.

Worth a listen, and nothing at all like ED Cox's Clowncore business...

Bomb The bass - X-Ray Eyes

• 3 weeks later...
Hoping to catch this excellent selection of forward thinking dubstepers at an event in Notts in a few weeks:

James Blake

Floating Points

Tonight. Really looking forward to it. :nod:

And the Rage gig Sunday, should be a good weekend.

In terms of new music the new Trentemoller album sounding good, perhaps not as good as The Last Resort but a lot of variety.

Also really like Sunchase - Static Nitro LP, which came out this week. I'd never heard of him before but it's really nice stuff, best slice of 'minimal' dnb I've heard for a while.

Also really like Sunchase - I'd never heard of him before.

There's a remix of a Sunchase track in this very thread. :winkold:

Yes, now that point it out there is :D I did listen to that too, so I had of him before, just not remembered.

I have to say that the new album is very different to that though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Â